Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZD, SD2, or BFD with pro tools 5.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZD, SD2, or BFD with pro tools 5.3?

I recently jumped into PC recording with a Digi 001 rack/Pro Tools 5.3(PC) setup I got from ebay. It's awesome, and works flawlessly, and sounds great. I would like to use one of those drum libraries, but I'm not sure about compatibility with my version of pro tools. I CAN upgrade to 6.4, but that's as far as I can go with my digi 001 rack, and I've heard 6.4 is just "prettier" and a bit slower.

Does anybody know if Pro Tools 5.3 is compatible? TIA

5.3 is pretty old! Hopefully Rail will jump in because he is the resident ProTools expert.

Rail......

You may also want to contact the software companies directly.

Comment

after some digging i found they all want PT 7 or higher. I do have acid pro 6, but I don't have a midi input on my pc, and I CAN'T use the 001's midi port. I may try a usb to midi and bfd2 demo to see what i get. How bad can it be if I use a usb to midi to trigger bfd2 in Acid Pro 6 with an onboard sound card?.......from what I've read, it can be terrible.....but I'm only triggering a stereo drum file with midi.

Comment

Originally posted by SPISHAK View Post
        after some digging i found they all want PT 7 or higher. I do have acid pro 6, but I don't have a midi input on my pc, and I CAN'T use the 001's midi port. I may try a usb to midi and bfd2 demo to see what i get. How bad can it be if I use a usb to midi to trigger bfd2 in Acid Pro 6 with an onboard sound card?.......from what I've read, it can be terrible.....but I'm only triggering a stereo drum file with midi.
        Don't know about any others, but speaking from the EZD, Superior Drummer 2.0 stand-point, that is right. PT 7.3 or higher is where the official support begins.

You'll have to try as you suggest. Acid Pro 6 is supported, but the draw back seems like it would probably be the onboard sound card of you computer, as these just aren't made with this task in mind like a pro/semi-pro audio solution.

So, with Acid Pro 6 I assume you are running Windows? If it helps at all during your test with BFD2 demo, try getting the ASIO4ALL driver to use with your device:

www.asio4all.com

I tried this with one of my old systems (for testing) that now has only a SB Live! installed. It wasn't like my Echo Layla, but it was fair. However, even a SB Live might outshine an onboard audio device. Dunno. Best investment you can make though for a machine doing any sort of mixing/synth/recording is some kind of semi-pro audio device with native ASIO drivers.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
        | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

fyi - PT8 is due out in December - some snazzy new features that are worth waiting for

Comment

^^^ yeah, that would be great, but the digi 001 is only supported up to PT6.4

Comment

Working...
            X