Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-6 ezdrummer cubase HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-6 ezdrummer cubase HELP

I'm using cubase studio 4 ezdrummer (vintage and nashvile kits) and a roland td-6 and i'm having issues

first off i am confused with drum maps, do the drum maps need to be specific for the host, kit, and drum plugin to work, or just to the host and drum plugin? example, do i need to look for a drum map that is for '
    td-6/cubase/ezdrummer or just ezdrummer/cubase?

also do i need a seperate map for the vintage and nashvile ezdrummer sets?

my 2 largest problems now are
    1. when i play my td6listening to its sound modules i get different sounds depending on where i hit the cymbols and pads, the bell of the cymbol gives a bell sound.. but in midi with ezdrummer the cymbals have no regions, it always sounds like i'm smacking the edge, i can not get a bell effect, i also can not get the rims to sound different

2. this may be related to the first issue.. any idea why when i play even just straight hits on the low tom sometimes it will put a low volume hit on my cymbal or snair track as well as the tom.. kind alike ghost notes?

please help i need to get this workin

Originally posted by deadlynumber7 View Post
    first off i am confused with drum maps, do the drum maps need to be specific for the host, kit, and drum plugin to work, or just to the host and drum plugin? example, do i need to look for a drum map that is for '
    td-6/cubase/ezdrummer or just ezdrummer/cubase?
    Pretty much just for ezdrummer.
    If you are not using any other VST, the simplest way might be to change the midi note numbers in the module. (page 64)

also do i need a seperate map for the vintage and nashvile ezdrummer sets?
    No. All the EZX plugins will use th same mapping. But if you ever decided to try Superior 2.0 or Addictive Drums, you'd need to remap the pads for those plugins.

1. when i play my td6listening to its sound modules i get different sounds depending on where i hit the cymbols and pads, the bell of the cymbol gives a bell sound.. but in midi with ezdrummer the cymbals have no regions, it always sounds like i'm smacking the edge, i can not get a bell effect, i also can not get the rims to sound different
    That sounds like a mapping issue. It's definately a trial & error thing, but once you get all the pads mapped, I'm pretty sure this will work itself out.

2. this may be related to the first issue.. any idea why when i play even just straight hits on the low tom sometimes it will put a low volume hit on my cymbal or snair track as well as the tom.. kind alike ghost notes?
    This sounds like a crosstalk issue to me, but I could be wrong. (page 73)
    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Could it be the trigger setting son yur vdrums? try lowering the lower tom settings in setup.

As per cubase i'm new myself so i can't help.

Comment

Working...
      X