Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do EZ expansions sound as good as S2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do EZ expansions sound as good as S2?

I am wondering if the ez drummer expansions have as many articulations as the s 2 library,and how they play in S2. It seems to me that they have sounds that I like better than the S2 library.

I was surprised to hear the Nashhville sounds. Does anyone have an example of these with less room sound? They have limited instruments,but very nice sound by Chuck Ainley. They sound like they would be good for alot of music other than country.
    The new R'N B pack may be good too. I don't know if these EZ expansions play as well as The S2 library.

Peter

I was wondering the same thing. Since Superior is 24 bit and EZ samples are 16, aren't you taking a quality loss by using the EZ sounds in superior?

And I fully agree, the Nashville sounds are great. Especially the toms. The kit sounds very rock to me.

Easy Cheapo gig set:
    Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Mahogany; ultra portable 4 piece in custom DIY flame sparkle wrap.

Comment

A couple of tracks I recorded with Nashville ages ago

Damian Blunt
      Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
      TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Hadn't heard those before. Cool songs man! I like that sound a lot. I always loved the Nashville EZX. The rest sound...."meh". But the Nashville one is great.

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

grandaddy,

I know I've heard and commented on that first one before. Love them both. Do you gig at all?

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
          | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

Joe - I haven't gigged for over 10 years.....but I do think about it a lot I've played drums and guitar in bands in the past but mostly played bass

Perhaps one day I'll get off my backside and join a band again
            Damian Blunt
            Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
            TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

That is the same amount of time I took away from gigging (1996 - 2006). That is about the amount of time it took for me to forget all the frustrations. But things are so much better now in terms of playing with mature people and getting decent gigs. Get out there!

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

On a somewhat related note .. Do you guys "jam" with Superior / DFH and the like? I have a laptop and not sure how easy it is to decide I want to play drums, set up the laptop, load the SW and start playing, and then what do you do when you want play along to a song? Seems like a lot of work (I guess if you have a dedicated computer that's another story, but I am using my work laptop.). Still have not purchased any SW but I am looking to get Sonic Reality - Peart's set up. THX.
                Last edited by vdrummer20; 11-21-08, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vdrummer20
                  On a somewhat related note .. Do you guys "jam" with Superior / DFH and the like? I have a laptop and not sure how easy it is to decide I want to play drums, set up the laptop, load the SW and start playing, and then what do you do when you want play along to a song?
                  I just boot the computer. It is dedicated to recording and drums. If I want to play along to a song I either hook up my iPod through the headphone chain (not much different than hooking an iPod up to your Mix In on the module), or if I plan to record my feeble attempts I import the song into my recording software.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎