Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map EZ Drummer to work with TDW 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map EZ Drummer to work with TDW 20

Hi, New here I have Roland TD 20 set I put together. In otherwords I bought it piece by piece. I like recording in my home studio and most of the time I use my Roland VS 2480 but I also like using Sonar 7 producer edition. I have Toon Tracks EZ Drummer but I am having trouble mapping EZ drummer to work with the TD 20. Actually I just got the upgrade/expansion so it's now a TDW 20. Anybody have any luck mapping EZ drummer to work with it? Thanks

Welcome to the forum..

Not sure how much experience you have with VST and drum modules so I'll assume your new to e-drums.

EZ drummers' instruments are hard coded midi note numbers, you can't change them. You need to edit the note numbers on the TD-20 (For each pad) to match the correct instrument on the EZ drummer instrument map. Look under the help screen or in the manual for the note numbers to use for each instrument.
    Drumkat DK10
    Alesis D4
    EZ-Drummer VST
    Superior Drummer 2.0 <--- On the way!

"...You can fight without ever winning, but
    never ever win without a fight..." Rush -
    Resist

Comment

Search in here under my handle and loopbe (or loop be).

It's a MIDI remapper tool that several of us have used to do exactly what you want.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Thanks, I will look into mapping the TD 20. I have purchased the TDW 20 upgrade. It came with a compact flash card. The flash card has text on it that matches what you see on the TD 20 display. Anyone know if you can do other edits on the TD 20 with a PC. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m6255 View Post
          Thanks, I will look into mapping the TD 20. I have purchased the TDW 20 upgrade. It came with a compact flash card. The flash card has text on it that matches what you see on the TD 20 display. Anyone know if you can do other edits on the TD 20 with a PC. Thanks
          You can arrange TD-20 kits, instruments and edit COSM parameters with VdrumLib; but it doesn't quite yet handle TDW-20 backup files.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X