Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loverboy SNARE sound? I bought all the VEX packs...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Loverboy SNARE sound? I bought all the VEX packs...

    can someone help me get the intro 'blast' FLAM sound at the beginning of "working for the weekend" by loverboy? i bought all the VEX packs if that helps!

    link to the intro: http://rumbles.com/Rumbles/weekend.mp3
    Last edited by though; 09-30-08, 09:02 PM.

  • #2
    Sound

    That's just a loose snare with a ton of reverb dude!


    Odisey


    Comment


    • #3
      Hey there,

      Good to see another Omaha area member posting. I saw you guys play at an auto show quite a few years ago. Maybe I'll come out to the Ameristar to check you guys out tonight. I play for "The Negatives". We just got back together after about 5 years of not playing (we used to be "This Side Up"). I play an e-kit live as well. We'll be playing a Halloween party at The Pheasant Tavern in Millard on the 31st.

      Note: We are working on playing the casinos also.

      See you around.

      Dan
      DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
      Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

      Roland TD-10 module
      Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

      Comment


      • #4
        hi dan,

        yes, stop by ameristar! we won't start 'til the neb mizzou game is over (around midnight), but we should have a good hour worth of music!

        which kit do you use?

        -troy


        Originally posted by DKaps View Post
        Hey there,

        Good to see another Omaha area member posting. I saw you guys play at an auto show quite a few years ago. Maybe I'll come out to the Ameristar to check you guys out tonight. I play for "The Negatives". We just got back together after about 5 years of not playing (we used to be "This Side Up"). I play an e-kit live as well. We'll be playing a Halloween party at The Pheasant Tavern in Millard on the 31st.

        Note: We are working on playing the casinos also.

        See you around.

        Dan

        Comment


        • #5
          which loose snare

          Originally posted by Odisey View Post
          That's just a loose snare with a ton of reverb dude!


          Odisey

          Comment


          • #6
            Though, have you tried retuning and adding some reverb to our Def Leppard snare? Sorry that I haven't really had time to sit down with this. I've been doing some prep work for the TDW.
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

            Comment


            • #7
              i'll give that a shot alan. are you talkin about kit 2 on the top 50 drummers kit?

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes. There's another snare/kit I was thinking of a couple of days ago, but I'll have to play through the expansions this week because I can't remember what it is at the moment. I'll be installing our cards Tuesday and doing some final prep/maintenance work (changing batteries, tweaking, etc.) Tuesday as well. After I get everything imported and rolling about mid-week, I'll try to remember to come back with my other suggestions.
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

                Comment


                • #9
                  sounds great.

                  thanks,

                  troy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by though View Post
                    hi dan,

                    yes, stop by ameristar! we won't start 'til the neb mizzou game is over (around midnight), but we should have a good hour worth of music!

                    which kit do you use?

                    -troy
                    Sounds good. I'll try to make it out. I play a Roland V-Session kit.

                    I just took a look at your song list on your website. FYI...Here's our set list for the 31st:

                    Strutter
                    Wrath Child
                    All Over Me
                    Everything Zen
                    Melissa
                    No More, No More
                    Red Barchetta
                    Interstate Love Song
                    Learn to Fly
                    Breathe/Time/Reprise
                    Dear Prudence
                    Longview
                    Headin Out to the Highway
                    For Whom the Bell Tolls
                    Evenflow
                    Sober

                    American Idiot
                    Paralyzer
                    Crazy Train
                    Young Lust
                    Don't Change
                    Jenny Jenny
                    My Sharona
                    I Want You to Want Me
                    New Girl Now
                    Dangerous Type
                    Dani California
                    How You Remind Me
                    Monkey Wrench
                    Show Me How to Live
                    Stinkfist

                    Spirit of the Radio
                    Run Like Hell
                    Holiday
                    Don't Fear the Reaper
                    Panama
                    Slide it In
                    Rock You Like a Hurricane
                    Whole Lotta Rosie
                    Another Thing Coming
                    Some Kind of Wonderful/Stealin
                    Rock and Roll All Night
                    Enter Sandman
                    Encore

                    Dan
                    Last edited by DKaps; 10-04-08, 02:46 PM.
                    DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                    Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

                    Roland TD-10 module
                    Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X