Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I trigger samples on my computer using the TD20 MIDI interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I trigger samples on my computer using the TD20 MIDI interface

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I did a general search and was not able to locate anything.

I would like to hook my TD20 to my Mac via MIDI and then be able to trigger samples on my laptop based on MIDI events. For example, I would like the kick drum event to play an MP3 sample on my laptop, a cymbal to trigger something else and so on. Is there a software utility I can download that does this?

Thank you!
    Yamaha Tour Custom 7-piece drumkit, Roland TD-30 K V-Pro, Presonus Project, Roland SPD-30, Mac Mini, M-Audio Keystation, Logic Express 9.0, Superior Drummer, Native Instruments

http://www.darwhine.com

You should be able to do this with Native Instruments Battery 3. I have this but don't use it much, but it's good for telling which "Cell" to go to what sound and on what channel. I'm not 100% positive as I've never used it but I don't see why it wouldn't be able to do it.
    Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

You can definitely use Battery for this. Probably the most user friendly program to start with. Easy, just load the cells with the samples from your hard drive etc.

Don't forget you will need a suitable soundcard

Comment

Working...
      X