Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S 2.0 ad,bfd 2 sound samples please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S 2.0 ad,bfd 2 sound samples please

I am deciding between S 2.0,BFD and Addictive. I am running everything through my studio monitotrs and PA to compare.

BFD sounds good but requires another hard drive. That would be another piece of gear to connect for a live gig.

S 2.0 seems good but has limited drums and mostly very low tuning.

I tried AD and think the kick and snare are good ,but seem to have a strange compressed sound at loud velocities,even with all the effects turned off.It seems unlikely AD will ever have a percussion pack,which is something I need.

Please post any sound samples you have of Superior 2.0,AD and BFD 2. I am looking for snares with a nice crack,punchy kicks, and toms with a wide tuning range. It would be great if you have the sounds set to moderate ambience for live PA use.

Thank you,Peter Warren

HERE'S a track I recorded in my studio for Lash78. The drums on this track are Superior 2 and were played on my kit by Lash78's drummer Luke.

Comment

I have a couple finished S2.0 that I'll post, probably tomorrow, all the same performance, including differences in shell selections, tunings & ambience (or lack of ambience).

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
      | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Here's an old Genesis tune I reworked. Avatar with Rogers wood snare, mid and distance room mics with Xpad Tamb from Percussionist. It started life as an 86meg 24 bit wav file, now it 7meg @128kbs so take that into account.

http://www.box.net/shared/qkcbqnx227
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

That's a pretty faithful rendition of "Watcher" - don't think I'd call that a reworking exactly. Phil used a Gretsch, but that Rogers sounds pretty good. Still not liking the toms though - have to agree with the OP that they're tuned too low. What brand are they?

Anyway, good job

Steve.
          No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and go to the Toontrack forums and check out the user demos on there. They really spent some time tweaking the effects on the drums and WOW what a difference.

For example here's a really nice sounding full kit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6747302
            Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

BFD 2 samples

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post samples,it is very helpful. I don't think S 2.0 will be my type of drum sound, just because of the tuning.

Does anyone have a sample of BFD 2 drums only without too much room sound? I have got pretty good results mixing my td 9 sounds with the AD demo kick and snare together,but AD seems very limited for expansion. I will post this sound later.

I do worldbeat dance music with musicians from India and Africa,and need a very punchy ,full kit sound.
              Peter

Comment

You know you can tune them differently, the toms are GMS with coated heads, there is also a set with clear heads.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Sounds like S2 is probably not for you but if you wanted to hear some other examples

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...8&postcount=13
                  Damian Blunt
                  Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
                  TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

I just posted some S2.0 kits (wet and dry mixes):

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43307

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
                    | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Superior 2

Thanks Joe!

Your samples are much more like what I am looking for. That is the first time I have had the opportunity to hear the other snares. I thought your demo sounds better than the one on the toontrack website.

Also,knowing that there are more S 2.0 sounds on their way is a plus,and the percussion pack is cheaper and better in some ways than BFD percussion.

I think I am a convert to S 2.0! I still may put a bit of Roland sound underneath it,and recently I have been recording live acoustic hat and ride. I have found it easier to hold this world beat band band together with acoustic cymbals,but the electronic drums work great.

Thanks everyone for the help!
                      Peter Warren
                      www.makuru.net

Comment

Working...
                      X