Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP with Cymbal Chokes with Superior 2.0 using TD20 and Hart ECymbal II Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with Cymbal Chokes with Superior 2.0 using TD20 and Hart ECymbal II Cymbals

Hi,

I've tried everything I've found on the ToonTrack forum on cymbal chokes and can't get my Hart EcymbalsII with choke to actually choke using the pressure strip on the bottom of the cymbal. I also tried a post on there forum with no reply. I was hoping someone could help me here.

I'm on a Mac G5 2.5 OS10.4.9, Pro Tools LE 7.4 and 2.0 (EZ Drummer Upgrade). I'm using Superior 2.0 with a Roland TD-20 and Hart Pro 6.4 kit .
    I have Superior loaded as a plugin on an instrument track in Pro Tools

For example:I have selected in the instrument window cymbal 2 >set articulations to Mute>Switch aftertouch on>turned the envolope on> set release to 85.2(But did try other settings)I still can not get the actual Ecymbal II to choke using the choke strip on the bottom of the cynbal.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to choke these particular Hart cymbals ?

Thank you very much
    Tom

Are the Hart cymbals choking OK when using the internal module (TD20) sounds?

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have two Hart Ecymbal II , a 12" and 14" .Both cymbals choke the way there suppose to with internal sounds of the TD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by TomF View Post
        Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have two Hart Ecymbal II , a 12" and 14" .Both cymbals choke the way there suppose to with internal sounds of the TD-20.
        OK, then the problem is not the Hart cymbals - they are doing what they're supposed to do with the module - the rest is down to the module and MIDI settings interfacing with the computer.

I'd normally suggest going straight to the Toontrack forum, but you've said you've not had success there. I'd try them again, but phrase the question that you can't get the TD20 cymbal chokes to transfer properly into Superior. Toontrack users may have incorrectly assumed you had a hardware problem with the cymbals (rather than a software problem with the interfacing) if that's the way you posed the question...

Simon

Comment

Don't select the cymbal mute articulation in Superior 2 - select the main cymbal hit articulation and adjust the envelope settings as you have previously...that should do it
          Damian Blunt
          Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
          TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Thanks for all the help!

I edited my post on ToonTrack (Thanks Simon!)and received reply's from there Techs. They suggested the same thing grandaddy did, but I also had to correct midi Input Filtering in Pro Tools.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X