Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VST for/with 5 toms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST for/with 5 toms

Hi there... i recently upgraded my e drum set, and got me 5 tom pads (oh yeah)... now i'm wondering how to get this to work, since most libraries are limited... i own the original BFD, and could go by the retune option (only 3 stock toms), but have also been looking around some of the new samplers and looks like both Superior 2.0 and BFD 2 do not ship with 5 stock toms.

Who knows if any of the new libraries has 5 toms for sure?

And i actually like the BFD 1 sounds, but if i change the tuning too much, the sound does get "digital"...

Suggestions?

The EZdrummer Drumkit From Hell package has 5 (i guess Sonor Designer) toms, however compared to S2.0 or BFD 2 it's a bit limited

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppel View Post
      Hi there... i recently upgraded my e drum set, and got me 5 tom pads (oh yeah)... now i'm wondering how to get this to work, since most libraries are limited... i own the original BFD, and could go by the retune option (only 3 stock toms), but have also been looking around some of the new samplers and looks like both Superior 2.0 and BFD 2 do not ship with 5 stock toms.

Who knows if any of the new libraries has 5 toms for sure?

And i actually like the BFD 1 sounds, but if i change the tuning too much, the sound does get "digital"...

Suggestions?
      Actually, I believe that Superior does have 5 toms if you select the coated heads set of toms, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18. Of course all can be tuned up/down slightly to suit your tonal range.

J
      Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
      Module - Roland TD20X
      Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

JrummerJ is correct, if selected right you have access to 5 toms. Then you can EQ/Adjust until your heart is content. =0)
        Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

You can also add other libraries to the S2 sounds and use them in combination. I'm using the 5 toms from the NY Avatar kit for my main toms with four additional X pads (one for my 22" supertom which is a detuned low floor tom from NY Avatar, and three of the Chinese toms from the Twisted Kit assigned to my E roto's).

Comment

Working...
          X