Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Velocity levels sent to SD2 from TD3-SW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocity levels sent to SD2 from TD3-SW

Hello,

My first post. I've been reading for a couple of days and there is some really valuable info shared here!

Just bought a TD-3SW and SD2. Got SD2 yesterday and it sounds amazing compared to the Structure Free samples in Pro Tools 7.4.3 that I've been using. Love it.

I'm not "completely" new to midi but am fairly ignorant about it.

Question: So a velocity signal measuring from 1-127 is sent from the TD3 module based on the pressure applied by a stick to a pad? Does the TD3 module acutally send fine-grained velocity signals that can be any value between 1 and 127 or does it "aggregate" hits into certain zones (1-20, 21-40, etc) as they are transmitted to SD2 through the TD3-->Digi 002R?

Basically, I want to know whether the velocity signal when it reaches the SD2has been aggregated into range categories or is it still in measurable increments from 1 to 127?

Steve

It should be 0-127 if that is what your module is capable of putting out. Best way to know for sure is to record the MIDI data on a track in a sequencer and view the velocities.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
    | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Hi and welcome. AFAIK, the TD-3 sends the full spectrum of signals. If you really want to find out, you could run midiox or similar and see what the results are.

EDIT: What Joe said. Beat me to it again......................

Comment

Originally posted by ige87 View Post
        Hi and welcome. AFAIK, the TD-3 sends the full spectrum of signals. If you really want to find out, you could run midiox or similar and see what the results are.

EDIT: What Joe said. Beat me to it again......................
        Thanks for the replies. I'll check it out when I get home.

And if it does send 0-127, then it can utilize as many velocity layers as there are available in SD2?

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X