Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Enlightenment :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Enlightenment :)

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new at the whole vst functionality with an e-kit. I know these are plugins which one can sample. However, what I would like to know is, can I use some kind of drum vst program to get more sounds for my kit, not just loops? I have a dtxtreme iis. Through vst programs, maybe reason refills, can I assign different sounds or make new kits to channel into my e-kit and play through there, as opposed to a keyboard? If so, how can I do this? Can someone help.

No expert I, but you can make your module trigger samples on your computer via a MIDI connection using your VST and the apropriate samples. The trick is mapping it all out. The iis has sampling, correct? If so, I suppose you could copy samples from your computer to the module, but I don't know about the storage capacity and polyphony issues.

Comment

Working...
    X