Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Kontrol 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Kontrol 1

Hey Guys,

what can you say about the NI AUDIO KONTROL 1 USB audio interface? Anyone using this unit? As this is an USB and not a firewire audio interface, I was wondering if it can deliver low latency for something like 5ms... I'm looking forward for an interface to be used with S2.0...

https://www.native-instruments.com/i...iokontrol1&L=1

Thanks

I used the Native Instruments rig knotrol 2 and struggled to get low enough latency for live drum triggering.

Audio Kontrol 1 is a newer product and therefore peformance may be better.

I have been spoilt by using an RME interface which I would highly recommend, but I acknowledge they're not cheap.
    Damian Blunt
    Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
    TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

ok... what's the RME model are you using? What much it cost?

Anybody else worked with the Audio Kontrol?

Comment

An RME hdsp 9632....The model has been updated to a PCIe version now

I think generally you will get lower latency from PCI (e) than USB 2 or firewire.....I know this hasn't stopped some users from getting great results from the latter 2 options though.
        Damian Blunt
        TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Nice sound card man! Are you using it with 3ms or 6ms? I found this one at Amazon for 500 dollars...

http://www.amazon.com/RME-Hammerfall.../dp/B0002H030I

Comment

If you're thinking of buying the card I'd check that you have a PCI card slot on your motherboard, other than that the sound quality is up there with the best in the business, the drivers are robust and you get really low latency
            Damian Blunt

Comment

Working...
            X