Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI Notes for Various Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Notes for Various Pads

I am having problems getting the correct MIDI notes assigned in my TD-12 to trigger the correct samples in EZD. Specifically they are:

3rd Tom Rim - Triggers a choked crash, A#3
    4th Tom Head - Triggers same sound as 3rd Tom, F2 (although 3rd Tom yeilds G2...same sound though which is strange)
    4th Tom Rim - Triggers same sound as snare head, D#2

The MIDI note values for each of these as configured on my TD-12 are listed above. MIDImapper doesn't seem to help, but I haven't yet bought a license.

Does someone have an accurate note # to pad listing map for a TD-12 kit with 4 toms?
    Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Does EZDrummer have tom rim sounds? I think at least some EZD kits only have three toms too. This may help: EZdrummer MIDI Keyboard Layout

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 07-18-08, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Bruce,
      You are correct and thanks for the response. Tom rims aren't present and I've had to mess around with the stock MIDI notes for Tom3 which I wasn't expecting. Tom4 isn't even found in any of the expansions except for DFH and I am not hot on that drum sound. This was in addition to the "volume" which I sought help in another thread.

As it is Saturday, I had ample time today to spend trying to figure this out. My conclusion...I've ordered Superior 2.0. I've been able to make it through a decent amount of the learning curve associated with the TD-12 and now MIDI mapping. All good experience, but for those of you who are diving into this signt unseen, be prepared to invest some time. It isn't exactly plug-and-play as it might appear. I'm hoping S2.0 will get me there faster.

I am simply blown away at how good these sound and my low latency makes playing a joy.

Tripp

Comment

Originally posted by tripp2k View Post
        Hi Bruce,
        You are correct and thanks for the response. Tom rims aren't present and I've had to mess around with the stock MIDI notes for Tom3 which I wasn't expecting. Tom4 isn't even found in any of the expansions except for DFH and I am not hot on that drum sound. This was in addition to the "volume" which I sought help in another thread.

As it is Saturday, I had ample time today to spend trying to figure this out. My conclusion...I've ordered Superior 2.0. I've been able to make it through a decent amount of the learning curve associated with the TD-12 and now MIDI mapping. All good experience, but for those of you who are diving into this signt unseen, be prepared to invest some time. It isn't exactly plug-and-play as it might appear. I'm hoping S2.0 will get me there faster.

I am simply blown away at how good these sound and my low latency makes playing a joy.

Tripp
        If you want 4 toms in EZdrummer using the default kit, you have to open 2 instances, in the 2nd instance only load the floor tom and choose the 18" tom. Also, change the midi input for this instance to a different channel and then on your module or using a midi mapper set that trigger to output on the matching midi channel that you set the 2nd instance for. Hope that helps.

J
        Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
        Module - Roland TD20X
        Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Superior 2.0 is the product Toontrack states is Edrum compatible, EZdrummer can be used with Edrums, but not as customizable. S 2.0 has complete MIDI Mapping facilities.

You will also be able to load the EZdrummer kit inside the Superior 2.0 engine, and you'll be able to use the S 2.0 MIDI Mapping features with it, as well as load up the 4th tom using the X-Pad feature.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
          | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Thanks Joe and J,
            Looking forward to receipt of 2.0 and firing her up.

Tripp

Comment

Working...
            X