Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

delay between drums and Toontrack EZdrummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delay between drums and Toontrack EZdrummer

Im having a problem now that ive got ezdrummer to work there is a major delay between when i hit my pintech drums and when i hear it from my in ezdrummer in Sonar Cakewalk....and if u play real fast it doesnt even pick up the notes because its so delayed....its some kind of latency issue

does anyone know how to fix this problem...thanks

What kind of PC interface do you use?
    Probably it does not support ASIO standard which is a key for low latency. Check the settings of the buffer size (somewhere in your card setup).
    You can also measure the latency using this software: http://centrance.com/products/ltu/

And last but not least - use www.asio4all.com - universal ASIO drivers for any PC-interface. It should help a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by janpaw73 View Post
      What kind of PC interface do you use?
      Probably it does not support ASIO standard which is a key for low latency. Check the settings of the buffer size (somewhere in your card setup).
      You can also measure the latency using this software: http://centrance.com/products/ltu/

And last but not least - use www.asio4all.com - universal ASIO drivers for any PC-interface. It should help a little bit.
      im actually using my built in soundcard in my hp laptop could that be whats causing it..its an Conexant (Conexant AC-Link Audio).....

I have an external usb sound blaster live card should i use it instead?

Comment

The SB card probably won't be much better. See what results you get using the ASIO4ALL drivers, otherwise you'll need a proper pro-audio designed sound card, either USB, Firewire or PCMCIA which offers low latency drivers, like those made by M-Audio, Echo or RME to name but a few.

Comment

try using ASIO4ALL but also adjust your buffers for audio in Sonar. It's under the General Prefs or something like that (I dont have sonar in front of me to look right now but...)

I had a small delay like this and thought it was the MIDI latency but after adjusting the buffers for MIDI I found it didnt cause any change. Lowering my audio buffers did the trick.

I was using an m-audio 2496 PCI
          Dave
          Sonic Orb Studios
          My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
          Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Working...
          X