Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Addictive Drums sounds.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Addictive Drums sounds.....

I mess around with the Addictive Drums VSTi to see what kind of drum sounds I can come up with. I use Ableton Live 7 and have numerous Waves plugins to process sounds. I figured I'd post one of my latest experiments.

Basically, I turn off all effects in AD so that it gets stripped down to the raw drum samples. Then I dump each channel from AD into their own individual audio tracks in Ableton Live. From there I use various plugins to process the sounds (I personally feel that Waves plugin effects are superior to AD's built-in effects). AD has some outstanding samples to work with.

I was going for a big, punchy, in-your-face type of sound with this experiment. I used quite a few of Waves' SSL 4000 and API plugins in this example. If anyone has specific questions on what I did, just let me know. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

http://www.roastedpavement.com/AddDrms2.wav

Originally posted by WannabeDrummer View Post
    ...I personally feel that Waves plugin effects are superior to AD's built-in effects...
    Well, one would expect the processing ability of a $1000 FX unit to be superior to those included with a $250 plugin. I think the onboard FX with AD are decent enough - though I'm like you - I prefer to tinker with the raw kits. But you did a good job with this - really sounds nice. You should throw some music on top of it to see how it sits in a full mix.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers.

Steve
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

did u play that with a midi controller (if yes you are a machine man ) or you created that using the midi editor on ableton live?

I think it sounds great, but still needs some human feel. I don't know, maybe is just me, but it kinda sounded too quantized, like a drum machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
        Well, one would expect the processing ability of a $1000 FX unit to be superior to those included with a $250 plugin. I think the onboard FX with AD are decent enough - though I'm like you - I prefer to tinker with the raw kits. But you did a good job with this - really sounds nice. You should throw some music on top of it to see how it sits in a full mix.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers.

Steve
        True, one would expect it, but it's not always the case. I don't believe that cost is always a direct representation of quality. To use AD as an example, I've heard dedicated effects processors that cost far more than $250 that I feel don't sound better than AD's effects--and AD isn't just an effects processor! For the record, I think AD is phenomenal for the money.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually was thinking about throwing some guitar riffs over the drum loop to see what happens. I'll post a link if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by hcantu View Post
          did u play that with a midi controller (if yes you are a machine man ) or you created that using the midi editor on ableton live?

I think it sounds great, but still needs some human feel. I don't know, maybe is just me, but it kinda sounded too quantized, like a drum machine.
          Actually, it's just one of the factory MIDI patterns within AD running in a loop.

Comment

ohhhh that's why

Comment

Originally posted by hcantu View Post
              ohhhh that's why
              Yeah, I don't play drums but another user on here (bakerboy) is the drummer in my band. We're getting his kit situated at present and will be laying down some tracks with AD soon. I'm excited to work with tracks that are more humanized.

Comment

Originally posted by WannabeDrummer View Post
                ...I don't believe that cost is always a direct representation of quality...
                Totally agree. Matter of fact, one of my go-to FX for drums is a freeware compressor/limiter.

The TLs Saturated Driver - http://hem.bredband.net/tbtaudio/

A very cool little piece of gear - you should check it out.

Cheers.

Steve
                No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
                  Totally agree. Matter of fact, one of my go-to FX for drums is a freeware compressor/limiter.

The TLs Saturated Driver - http://hem.bredband.net/tbtaudio/

A very cool little piece of gear - you should check it out.

Cheers.

Steve
                  Awesome! I'll check it out, thanks.

Comment

does someone now how to enable headphones??? i have cubase 5 and addictive drums i dont hear on headphones only on laptop speakers thanks please help ...

Comment

I would think you need to know how to use cubase (or any DAW in that matter) and learn how to route your audio outputs.

Basic stuff that a quick search on Youtube will fix.
                      Go to your Preferences (or Properties) and look for the audio output tab, then select your headphones output.

Ps. I commend you for trying to search around... but this is a 7 year old thread... I doubt it is still active!
                      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

perceval the thread is not active but you are thanks aneway cheers ...

Comment

Working...
                        X