Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused - Please Clarify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused - Please Clarify

After watching the video for Superior 2, I am hooked. The sounds in my TD20just sound so weak compared to that video. I am going to build a dedicated PC with multi-core CPU, 4GB Ram, and a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 audio card. I know I need the Superior 2 software but is there anything else I need software wise? I see post about cubase, sonar, and other applications but I dont know what they do. What else do I need and what do these other applications do?

Not too sure myself. I've just scanned posts. Keep seeing discussion of VST plugins. Seems like you need a sequencer to do any recordings? I think audacity is a free one.

I just wanted to post on your GAS! You just got your edrums last month, then a TD-20, and now Superior 2 with a serious PC. Awesome! You make me feel good about my GAS, Thanks.

Comment

Superior 2 is a plugin, so you would use it something like Sonar, Cubase, Protools, etc. However, Toontrack also supplies a plugin container called SOLO, which allows you to run Superior, EZdrummer, EZplayer in "stand alone" mode.

What those other applications do (like Sonar) is provide a multi-track audio/MIDI recording environment.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
      | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Chris, it looks like we are mirroring our paths. I just recently added my TD20 to my kit along with the VEX Drummers Dream which I absolutely love. VEX ROCKS!
        I have also seen the Superior 2.0 video and am totally GASSING over that. I am about to build a new computer for my Protools rig anyway so it just seems logical to add Superior 2.0 to it. From an engineers perspective, S 2.0 is just too damn tempting to not have, particularly considering the price.
        I also have a TDW-20 ordered and am really looking forward to seeing what Alan and the rest of the VEX crew come up with for expanded TD20's.
        IMHO, S 2.0 and VEX will live in harmony in my environment with each having different applications.

Comment

Another one who pre-ordered here and can hardly wait for its arrival ... hope it works fine with Tracktion 2/3 since my BFD2/Tracktion combo came back playing tricks with me ...

Pim
          Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_K View Post
            However, Toontrack also supplies a plugin container called SOLO, which allows you to run Superior, EZdrummer, EZplayer in "stand alone" mode.
            Perfect! That is what I need. I just play the drums... no band, no mixing, just drums. And the best part..... IT IS FREE

Comment

What if you have DFHS 1.0 and buy the upgrade to 2.0? Does that mean you get to have both sound libraries or will 2.0 wipe out the 1.0 sounds?

Comment

You will have both as they install to separate locations, unless you decide otherwise.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

I just registered on the Toontrack forum to post a question about computer resources with a large kit in S 2.0. That will ultimately be a major deciding factor for me. At least with module sounds I don't have to worry about my PC running out of grunt as I add more to my kit
                    HERE'S the question I just posted.

Comment

SP - the min/max specs for S2 are in the middle of the page here: http://www.toontrack.com/s20.asp

The large majority of users on that forum will be speaking in terms of VST format. Since you'll be using the RTAS format in PT, watch for relevance - apples and oranges.

A good forum for PT users - www.gearslutz.com

Cheers.

Steve
                      No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Working...
                      X