Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZDrummer Hi-Hat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZDrummer Hi-Hat problems

Hello all, First post here. I'm exited to now be a v-drum owner! I'm a guitarist who just got a TD-3 set to record drum parts in pro tools. I'm using EZDrummer for the sounds and everything works and sounds great, but I'm having trouble with the hi-hat. Not only does the pedal have a very limited open to closed range, but i find that sometimes the hat does not seem to trigger well (with faster notes like 16th notes). I've tried to look through old posts to get an answer but i can't seem to find one (forgive me if I've missed a thread). I'm guessing that there are settings in the module that need to be adjusted along with choosing the correct midi note to sample. Also, any tips on getting the hi-hats to sound better in general would be appriciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    www.myspace.com/gifthorse

Do a search for FD-8 and you should come up with a boatload of tips. I just modded mine to improve the seperation between open, half-open, & closed and to improve the 'foot splash' volume.

As for the mis-triggers, any advice would depend on the pad you are using.

Oh, and welcome!
    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Is the issue the your hi hat controller or with the pad you are using to trigger your high hat?

Comment

Also, you should use a remapper (threads in here on that) that will enable you to really dial in the HH.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. I will read up on FD-8 threads and remappers (not sure what those are, but I'll read). As for if it's my controller or trigger I'm not sure. The FD-8 and pad seems to work ok with the Roland sounds. In EZDrummer it triggers the pedal click fine (even foot splashes are ok), and the pad seems to trigger ok, but I noticed in ezdrummer that if I tried to play 16th notes on the high hat with the hats closed it was not reading every hit.

Comment

These two threads will give you everything you need to work on remapping (this after you've done the physical changes to the actual pedal):

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36001

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35673

Typically I just say UTFSE.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Also check your TD3 to make sure your Pad that you are using as a HiHat is setup correctly.
              I hade a similar problem with a ride, worked fine hooked up to my module, but when i used the module as a TMI not so good.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for all the tips. I've read up on all I can and some things have helped, but I'm not quite there yet. I've done the grease on the rubber hammer and the felt pad on the sensor strip for the pedal it self; and I downloaded the remapper and loopbe and I've tried to set that up based on old posts. I have remapper reading my axium25 on channel 10 and sending out on channel 11, but in ezdrummer it does not seem to read the remapped sounds. I can click on the arrows in the remapper and hear the correct sounds, but when I play the pads I'm not getting the correct sounds. I'm using the "in" notes based on the TD-3 manual and sending on the notes from the ezdrummer map. I'm thinking that my EZDrummer is not reading on channel 11 or that something is not in the correct order. I cannot figure out how in ezdrummer to specifiy a midi channel. I'm using protools LE and on the midi channel I'm using loopbe in channel 11 and sending to ezdrummer channel 11. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X