Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZDrummer & DFHS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZDrummer & DFHS Question

I'm running out of disk space and really want to add Custom & Vintage to my library. Can this be installed and loaded off a separate USB hard drive, i.e. will it load completely into memory versus tapping the hard drive after it has loaded? I guess the same question on EZDrummer and its expansion packs as well. My computer doesn't have space for an additional drive and I'm not real keen on changing out the drive I already have. Thanks.
    Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

You can use a separate drive, no problem
    Damian Blunt
    Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
    TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Does the fact that the USB drive has higher latency having any bearing or does this load entirely into memory?

Comment

EZDrummer loads completely into RAM. From my understanding though, you can only have a single data path... So you would have to have all your EZDrummer samples on the same drive. They have a utility to set the data path.

Rail
        Platinum Samples
        www.platinumsamples.com

sigpic

Comment

Yes, the ezdrummer libraryand ezx's have to be installed on the same drive. This can be an external drive. If you're running on a PC you get the option to install the ezdrummer files where you want. On a mac you can use the soundmover utility.

Each of the superior libraries can be installed on a different drive which you can set the path to in the settings window.
          Damian Blunt
          Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
          TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to look at reorganizing to a USB drive or upgrade my primary hard drive.

Comment

Working...
            X