Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify a kit with this style of drums? (Celtic Woman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify a kit with this style of drums? (Celtic Woman)

Apart from the stunning voice, I'm looking for a match for the drums used here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfO6JpR5Ip8&NR=1

I fancy exploring a bit of non-standard snare kit based drumming..
    TD6-KX, P2002C, MacBook Pro, mAudio Firewire Audiophile (and a Bodhrán)
    sigpic

Originally posted by NickK1066 View Post
    Apart from the stunning voice, I'm looking for a match for the drums used here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfO6JpR5Ip8&NR=1

I fancy exploring a bit of non-standard snare kit based drumming..
    Wow!! Stunning is right! Awesome stuff!!

You might want to look into Bodhrans. They are traditional Celtic hand drums and are extremely expressive.

Comment

Might get a Bodhran on the way home tonight (always liked them - eek GAS!) and then seen how if I take the PD108 snare off and hold it and use the cipin on it.. pity that touching the rear of the mesh will trigger rather than mute or alter the pitch.

Just wondering if Vex have a bodhrans kit.
      sigpic

Comment

Bodhráns - the name for Irish frame drums as used in Riverdance et cetera - are my first love, before e-Drums although they're quickly catching up, so if you have any questions about them ask away.

If I may plug a non-competing group I run for everyone's benefit, who might be interested in taking up the Bodhrán anyway, please feel free to join us at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bodhran/join

The big drum hung up behind the percussionist meanwhile is a Lambeg. Another Irish drum with a thicker skin which is sometimes used on a Bodhrán to give it a more mellow and rumbling sound.
        www.catlake.co.uk ~ www.celticconfusion.co.uk

Currently using a Roland TD-6KX V-Tour Kit - click here for info!

Comment

Might get a Bodhran on the way home tonight (always liked them - eek GAS!) and then seen how if I take the PD108 snare off and hold it and use the cipin on it.. pity that touching the rear of the mesh will trigger rather than mute or alter the pitch.

Just wondering if Vex have a bodhrans kit.
          I play my acoustic Bodhrán with my V-Drums kit (kick and hi-hat), however, I have just purchased a RT-3T trigger to mount on the frame of my custom AT Bodhrán so that I can trigger the snare off rim shots.

I tried playing one of the pads with a tipper (cipin) not so long ago and it worked quite well.
          www.catlake.co.uk ~ www.celticconfusion.co.uk

Currently using a Roland TD-6KX V-Tour Kit - click here for info!

Comment

Interesting.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfOuLaHAdA
            sigpic

Comment

Cool clip

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Lake View Post
                I play my acoustic Bodhrán with my V-Drums kit (kick and hi-hat), however, I have just purchased a RT-3T trigger to mount on the frame of my custom AT Bodhrán so that I can trigger the snare off rim shots.

I tried playing one of the pads with a tipper (cipin) not so long ago and it worked quite well.
                I'd have thought that the impacts would set off trigger unless the threshold is set very high (the skin being taught compared to mesh thus more vibration).

Interesting - I'd love to hear your experience with it.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X