Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question from a V-Drum noob [TD-7/EZDrummer latency]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a V-Drum noob [TD-7/EZDrummer latency]

Hey gang -

New to the forum, new to v-drumming in general, and I'm running into trouble.

I'm trying to help my father by updating his drum sounds... he's currently using the native sounds of his TD-7 Turbo kit. I've installed EZDrummer on his laptop, and I'm using Solo as the host. Tascam US-122 interface.

I've used a keyboard to trigger the sounds in EZDrummer, with great results. Near-zero (if not zero) latency. But when I use the TD-7 as the trigger, the latency is unbearable.

This leads me to believe it's the TD-7, but I don't know what steps to take to correct it. Anyone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate the input of those with some experience.

Thanks!
    -Liam

Quick Question

What is your setup when you have the TD7?
    TD7>Tascam>Laptop/Desktop.

Comment

I don't think that it is the module. I have the pre turbo TD-7 triggering EZ Drummer with Toontrack Solo. I am running midi out of the module directly into my laptop using a midisport cable. I am getting zero latency. One thing that you did not mention was if you are using ASIO4ALL audio drivers. I am using them and they are definitely worth downloading.

Comment

I will say that latency is more noticeable when triggering from drums than on a keyboard (for me), but it shouldn't be as big of a difference as you're saying.

If you're just unplugging the keyboard(that's got good latency) and plugging in the TD-7 (and getting bad latency) , it doesn't seem like it could be anything else but the TD-7.

No other factors are changing?

Comment

still would like to see what his setup is

All the TD7 would be doing is passing midi on to the sound source. Right?
          Me thinks it is a soundcard or needs to give ASIO4ALL a try.

Comment

Yeah, as I've read this, it just screams the usual soundcard/driver issue.
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
            X