Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SDX on 5th October : Fields of Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just used the Godfather to drum to tow Black Sabbath tracks. I think I might have got carried away and broke my HiHat and my 12" crash lol . ....amazing kit.
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 48GB - Universal Audio Apollo Twin x Quad Core audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Omnisphere 2 - Logic Pro DAW - Universal Audio LUNA DAW.

Comment

To give a better impression and correct my first impression, a very nice choice of cymbals, these are actual modern sounding, dry, trashy.....not found on other samplepacks.....these are very complimentary....really great, had a hypnotic session with the disco kit and deep tuned ludwig snare.....exceptional.

The rides paired with the rock kits are not my things though....very good bell, but otherwise a little to china sounding.

Also the toms on the Tame Impala (really special band) setting are very very cool and special sounding....
      Last edited by Ribot; 10-08-21, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Really appreciate all the fantastic feedback! This was a really special project to be involved in and being an e-drummer myself I am particularly happy that you guys are enjoying it.

All suggestions are duly noted!
        Damian Blunt
        Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
        TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Originally posted by Tonicstudio View Post
          Well, it sounds good but I hear nothing special.
          To me, honestly, this pack brings nothing new
          Well, the VK snare alone is something special + also the Agop XIST cymbals and the Agop clap stack. This pack is definitely a winner! Just ensure to use high quality sound transducing gear and I'm sure the "special" aspects become audible.

The Software Drumming Forum - tips & tricks + discussing drum samplers

Comment

I have Hansa but it doesn’t have the toms fields of rock has which does matter to me. Hansa does have rota toms and octobahns though.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick74 View Post

Well, the VK snare alone is something special + also the Agop XIST cymbals and the Agop clap stack. This pack is definitely a winner! Just ensure to use high quality sound transducing gear and I'm sure the "special" aspects become audible.
              Well I m a sound engineer and i m working with top quality gear.
              so I know how a good drums sound thank you.
              To me it sounds great but nothing new or exciting compared to other expansions.

Of course the sound is great.
              I think last packs are in the same vein.
              Last edited by Tonicstudio; 10-08-21, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                Well I admit it would it be interesting if they could record a bunch of drum kits in an anechoic chamber, then use a selection of synthetic reverb to add the room character.
                Really the biggest factors in ANY drum sound is primarily the room, then the drummer (taste in tuning and playing style) then the producer (taste in microphones and processing). the actual make of drum comes way down the list. Apart from the size of the drums, people should buy SDX's based on the studio used and the drummer/producer credited.

Comment

Not really dug into all the standard presets available in this yet , ( so many good ones that I tend to stick to one for the whole session ) but noticed Omega drummer on YouTube has bought the expansion and already started making new presets .

Comment

Originally posted by DjangoJanner View Post
                    Not really dug into all the standard presets available in this yet , ( so many good ones that I tend to stick to one for the whole session ) but noticed Omega drummer on YouTube has bought the expansion and already started making new presets .
                    My fav is still the Godfather Default. It just fits straight into my music I drum to
                    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 48GB - Universal Audio Apollo Twin x Quad Core audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Omnisphere 2 - Logic Pro DAW - Universal Audio LUNA DAW.

Comment

OK, so I might have went a bit over the top testing this, but I love it. the first 32 songs here, wanted to test it across a few bands:

VIEW SONGS >>>>

and please excuse my rubbish drumming ...they were all done with the basic Field of Rock Godfather Default preset, strain out of the box. Music on one track, SD3 on another.

I love the classic sound of this kit and don't mess with its sound at all.

Comment

Lost of time
                        Last edited by Tonicstudio; 10-12-21, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I definitely don’t feel that and I have used BFD3. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as realistic as SD3 and it’s a horrible interface. I think the stock SD3 sounds are a bit soft but not the newer sdx expansions
                          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonicstudio View Post
                            Lost of time
                            They need to release constant pack to keep office, payment, employees, or everything will close, it's just how it is, usually people have specific taste but no need to buy 5 pack at 200$ when you know you will end up using one or 2, especially when each pack don't have the same velocity hit which need re calibration for each.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 10-14-21, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I am not sure what this SDX adds to the large offering of rock sounds Toontrack already has
                              Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

They need to release constant pack to keep office, payment, employees, or everythings will close, it's just how it is, usually people have specific taste but no need to buy 5 pack at 200$ when you know you will end up using one or 2, especially when each pack don't have the same velocity hit which need re calibration for each.
                                No lost of time is not about packs but about a conversation about realness of SD3

Comment

Working...
                                X