Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HaAnyone Used Realidrums as a VST?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HaAnyone Used Realidrums as a VST?

    I was on the Toontrack website in the threads from disgruntled customers (like me) who can no longer cross-grade from SD2 - SD3 and the VST Realidrums was mentioned. I've checked out the website and looked at the manual, but there's nothing there suggesting it can be used like Superior Drummer. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of using it.

  • #2
    I saw this on the web page: “and you can even map your keyboard however you like”. Seems like if you can trigger it from a keyboard you should be able to trigger it with actual drum pads.
    PDP Concept Maple A2E with Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; two eDRUMin10 devices; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

    Comment


    • #3
      For $99 I'd go with SSD5 or maybe AD2 personally.
      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

      Comment


      • #4
        They did offer an upgrade but it expired after a predetermined window. I also missed that window and had to pay. I wasn't pleased, but you cant expect a company to offer an infinite upgrade. You can boycott all you like, but the only one suffering are those boycotting. Superior 3 with the new SDX's is the industry standard and is miles ahead of S2. You and the others that want to teach them a lesson are not hurting their bottom line at all. Like I said, I wasn't happy I missed the window, but I was away from the hobby for years. Had I been active, I would have upgraded within the window which was more than sufficient. My advice, swallow the pill, buy Superior 3, and enjoy the benefits. It is worth the money. All your S2 pack and built in samples are still good so you wont loose anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by csnow View Post
          They did offer an upgrade but it expired after a predetermined window. I also missed that window and had to pay. I wasn't pleased, but you cant expect a company to offer an infinite upgrade. You can boycott all you like, but the only one suffering are those boycotting. Superior 3 with the new SDX's is the industry standard and is miles ahead of S2. You and the others that want to teach them a lesson are not hurting their bottom line at all. Like I said, I wasn't happy I missed the window, but I was away from the hobby for years. Had I been active, I would have upgraded within the window which was more than sufficient. My advice, swallow the pill, buy Superior 3, and enjoy the benefits. It is worth the money. All your S2 pack and built in samples are still good so you wont loose anything.
          I agree with this. Or if you don't want to upgrade (and that is fair enough) then you're probably better with SD2 than anything else anyway.
          Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by csnow View Post
            They did offer an upgrade but it expired after a predetermined window. I also missed that window and had to pay. I wasn't pleased, but you cant expect a company to offer an infinite upgrade.
            EZDrummer to SD3 seems to be an open-ended upgrade. I’m not sure why SD2 owners have been specifically removed early from the cross-grade path whereas EZ owners are still offered the incentive. If Toontrack were closing the cross-grade window equally for EZ2 & SD2 then It would make sense to their customers who don’t have EZ2.

            Comment


            • #7
              EZD2 is still an active product with new expansions. It makes sense to me that they offer an EZD2 to SD3 path.
              ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by molson View Post
                EZD2 is still an active product with new expansions. It makes sense to me that they offer an EZD2 to SD3 path.
                Good point. I guess then, if/when EZ2 is replaced by EZ3 the same process will follow.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by thedrumdoctor View Post

                  Good point. I guess then, if/when EZ2 is replaced by EZ3 the same process will follow.
                  I am totally with you on the purchase sting after owning S2. Like I said, I wasn't happy about it, but I went ahead with it chalking it up to, "You snooze ya loose". I have zero regrets because it is a lot better. I wasn't trying to be flippant or snarky. I know what your dealing with on this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    csnow Perhaps I'd feel better if I waited until SD4 was released!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thedrumdoctor View Post
                      csnow Perhaps I'd feel better if I waited until SD4 was released!
                      I have a suspicion that won't happen for many years, if ever. It feels like 3 is just going to be continually updated like Win10.
                      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by molson View Post

                        I have a suspicion that won't happen for many years, if ever. It feels like 3 is just going to be continually updated like Win10.
                        Agreed. They have a solid engine and front-end now. I suppose there are things that could be improved on but overall its a very solid and stable platform. Well worth the cost of entry even without the upgrade promotion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I’ve worked with it in a studio and I’d love to have just the interface to use with existing ESX sounds. Mostly because the Hi-Hats and cymbal responses are superior (no pun intended) to SD2. But the interface is better as well. I actually don’t have any gripes about the drum experience in SD2, just the cymbals which is what was immediately noticeable in SD3.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X