Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest way to get EZDrummer 2 / Superior drummer 3 , Black Friday possible deals .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to get EZDrummer 2 / Superior drummer 3 , Black Friday possible deals .

Looking for the cheapest way to eventually get Superior Drummer 3 , getting EZ drummer 2 first and upgrading would spread the expense over time but I don’t want to spend much more going that route than buying SD3 standalone.

It looks like in previous years toontrack has done Black Friday deals on EZD2 and some SDXs and EDXs but nothing much off SD3 on its own.

I’m interested in playing Rock , some metal and punk at first . To be honest the pop punk EZX looks like it would be right up my street as I used to enjoy playing along to that sort of music when I played acoustic drums in the past and I’m a big fan of Green Day and Goldfinger . Of the SDXs there seems to be several compelling choices like Legacy of Rock, Decades and rooms of Hansa but I think Death and darkness would probably be my first choice.

Im thinking wait and see if there is a Black Friday cheap deal on EZ2 and then upgrade or see if they do a deal bundling one of the SDXs I really want with SD3 . It’s just the wait ..... but I’ll be gutted if there is a hefty saving in a couple of months.

You can buy the license from another person on ebay or similar sites. You would probably have to wait a few months and there could be a risk depending on where you buy it from, but license transfer is officially allowed by Toontrack.

Comment

I have both Pop Punk and D&D for sale in the selling forum. Can't help you with EZD2 or SD3 though.
      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

I've never seen SD3 on sale by itself. But I will say that it's worth the $400. It's cheaper than a decent entry acoustic drum kit, and you get 7 different kits for it. Even without any expansions, it's incredibly flexible, and you can get pretty much every sound out of it that your heart desires. Study some of the built-in presets, and then create a killer sounding kit that's all your own.
        Skip the EZdrummer2. That's entry level stuff. SD3 is where it's at, and while it's more of an initial outlay, it lets you do everything EZ2 can do, and then some. I promise you you will not even THINK about getting any expansion packs for at least a year.
        Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

I got SD3/2, ez2, a couple ezx, and the ny vol 3 expansion for 300 bucks on eBay. Definitely have to watch who you buy from but it is allowed. Check in the selling forums on here and toontrack.

Comment

Originally posted by monospace View Post
            Skip the EZdrummer2. That's entry level stuff.
            I use EZdrummer far more than Superior. Superior has added complexity and many of the EZdrummer kits sound fantastic.
            Absolutely no doubt Superior is professional level and very flexible and complete, but I wouldn't say 'skip' EZdrummer because it's 'entry level'.

Comment

I agree ezdrummer is not an entry level vst but it has a lot of limitations compared to SD3. The thing to remember about SD3 is it comes with a huge amount of kits so some users may never need to buy expansions.
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Yes, and you can do a lot with mic channel selection agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitten View Post

I use EZdrummer far more than Superior. Superior has added complexity and many of the EZdrummer kits sound fantastic.
                  Absolutely no doubt Superior is professional level and very flexible and complete, but I wouldn't say 'skip' EZdrummer because it's 'entry level'.
                  It is of course not 'entry level'. Dirk Verbeuren for instance did a whole production with it. Ok, the focus is not on e-drums but you can get it nearly as comfortable as SD with e-drums by DAW tweaks. The sounds of some EZX'es are absolutely great. And the EZ engine cannot be rebuilt 1:1 in SD because it is simply different and will also sound different (-> not worse! ; I often prefer EZX'es with EZDr2 sound).

Comment

Speaking of drum plugins, check out Modo Drum.
                    Very "organic" engine. It doesn't just use static samples and feels more alive.
                    I like it.
                    There was just a sale (ish) but it will probably go on sale black friday too, I'm guessing

Comment

Thanks , i'm not sure whether there is any upgrade route from SD2 anymore . May be of use to someone else but i decided to pull the trigger on SD3 and D&D using the Boston Music link from the Rooms of Hansa thread. Sods law there will be a better deal on Black Friday now , but if i hadn't bought it and waited there would be no relevant offer lol. I couldn't find anything to top Bostons prices and their SDX prices are very close to what people are asking for license transfer. Serial number was sent within 5 mins of paying so great service as well.

Comment

I find the quality of the EZ2 samples is not that good.
                        If you're only playing loud music you might not notice, but if you don't, you can hear a hiss sound at the end of the samples.
                        You can read a lot about it on other forums too.

Comment

Rule reminder: Please do not attempt to sell items outside the classifieds, or while you are under the rule requirements. Please read our forum rules.

(post was deleted)
                          Alan
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by DjangoJanner View Post
                            To be honest the pop punk EZX looks like it would be right up my street as I used to enjoy playing along to that sort of music when I played acoustic drums in the past and I’m a big fan of Green Day and Goldfinger.
                            I know you already went ahead with SD3, but boy the Pop Punk EZX is fantastic. My go to.
                            A2E 5-piece | Maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Comment

Working...
                            X