Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto connect

Hi

would like to have a pc box (always on w/ sd3)
    auto connect to my roland td1-dmk
    (when I power on the drum kit))

(box = no screen & no ms/kb)

any ideas?

thanx

You'll have to at least power on the computer. If that's ok I think it's possible to build such a system. Won't be inexpensive, though.

Comment

So SD3 will auto connect to your kit as long as the usb driver initialises first for the kit. SD3 you can set the startup kit to whatever you like. All that you need to sort out is getting SD3 to auto start. I don’t think that would be a problem but it would be getting it to start when the kit usb has initialised.

sd3 will not see the midi from the td1 if you start it after SD3 is started. You need to go into SD3 and refresh the midi input. I don’t know if there is a way of getting that to happen automatically. DAWs like Cubase auto detect when a midi input comes active so you could run SD3 within a DAW that supports that. You could also put a feature request into toontrack. The actual computer would not cost more than any other computer.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
          DAWs like Cubase auto detect when a midi input comes active so you could run SD3 within a DAW that supports that.
          Jepp, that's a good and relatively inexpensive idea. Just tested it with Cubase (the cheapest way is the "LE" version) on Windows. Make sure that only the project file (".cpr") is in the Autostart folder. The project file should relate to a project folder elsewhere on your hard drive in order to not open the stuff in there (even the folders).

It also works great with Reaper (not in demo mode) and Bidule project files.
          Last edited by Nick74; 09-14-20, 07:12 PM.

Comment

how do you get "cubase Le" for free?

Comment

Originally posted by dvd View Post
              how do you get "cubase Le" for free?
              You don’t. You have to pay for it. Cubase AI usually comes free with various audio interfaces but Cubase is not free software.
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

People are often selling those licenses on ebay. Goes for 10-15€ as far as I recall.

Comment

https://ppvmedien.de/Cubase-LE-10-Vo...Special-1-2019

https://www.musicstore.com/en_US/USD...NOT0013137-000
                  Last edited by Nick74; 09-15-20, 04:42 PM.

Comment

thank you

does AD2 or SSD5.5 have auto connect?

Comment

Working...
                    X