TD-25 Positional Sensing with Superior Drummer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-25 Positional Sensing with Superior Drummer 3

I’ve been working away at this all day with no success.
    I have a TD-25k that is triggering Superior Drummer 3.2 (new update)
    I’m having a problem with Positional Sensing on the snare pad.
    I watched Mike Lukanz's excellent tutorial on e-drum presets as well as the 3.1 updates video. Searched Toontrack forum with no joy.
    Please see the screen shots.
    Trying to get the pad to trigger SD3 on the edge, mid center, and center hit articulations but it still only plays center articulations. I am using the Roland TD-25 preset. I’ve set-up the articulations and if i click on the mouse in each zone (in MIDI E-drum settings), I can hear the three articulations. However when I hit the Roland pad anywhere on it I only hear the center articulation. The snare pad is a PDX 100 which has positional sensing. I looked on the Roland Trigger settings menu for the TD 25 and positional sensing is on. I don't know of any other settings for Positional Sensing
    There is something that indirectly points to an issue. The Snare Hit Position stays the same no matter where I hit the pad.
    Although I don’t know where to adjust that on the TD-25 module that may have something to do with it.
    The TD-25 doesn’t have the Positional Sensing display Mike shows in his 3.1 updates video so I can’t check there.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

You'll first have to set the CC channel it should read the PS data from.
    Click the "Learn" button in the CC In field and hit your snare a few times. Or just manually set the value to 16 from what it looks like.

Comment

Mine is 16 from a td30. If I were at home this week I would give you the details on how mine is setup. As it is I did it when I got SD3 and can’t remember off the top of my head.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
      X