Roland TD-17 --> Studio One --> Plug-In harmonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-17 --> Studio One --> Plug-In harmonization

Experimenting with the SSD 5.5 Free and EZ Drummer 2 evaluation plugins under S1 Artist 4.6 on Catalina with a Studio 68C interface. At 128 Bit samples had some pops, clicks etc that went away at 512 bits.

Both sound much more wonderful than the Free samples from Studio One Artist in the "Impact" or Presence instruments.

I note that the EZD2 eval won't let me assign the MIDI Note to "drums" but insists on me changing to match their choice for Mid-Low Tom, while SSD 5.5 Free allowed selection of the instrument, and whacking a pad to update. Not finding a full price version manual to read, so will ask here if the retail version allows mapping in the plugin?

Going forward, I can foresee having at least one purchased drum replacement library such as SSD or EZD and may eventually end up on SD3.

Is there a configuration choice to pick now to prevent re-assigning all kits/pads/notes later?

Originally posted by SheldonHaynie View Post

Going forward, I can foresee having at least one purchased drum replacement library such as SSD or EZD and may eventually end up on SD3.
    I recommend checking GGD because of outstanding sound and simple interface/routing/channels. SD3 is so wearisome with its hundreds of room channels - especially for a newbie.

And yes EZDrummer2 mapping is fixed. Just consider remapping within your DAW.

Comment

Working...
    X