Superior drummer into daw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior drummer into daw

So I got sd3 and I’ve got it up and running with my td27.
    ive recorded a track into sd3 (as my daw is studio 1 artist/no 3rd party plugins), now all I need to do is export the midi files as audio and drag those files into the daw, right?
    It seems stupidly difficult to do this - first I created a daw track for every channel in sd3 mixer - that produces a ridiculous result which I think would be impossible to edit?
    Then I tried soloing one Sd3 bus at a time and bouncing just the output 1 track at a time , but although that’s a massive pita, it didn’t even work properly either - for some bizarre reason, each time I bounced a bus, the last bus I bounced would be erased and replaced with the next one , so I ended up with 4 tracks in the daw that should be kick,snare, hats etc, but are actually just all the same hats track?!
    Anybody know what’s going on?
    Why haven’t they made a “bounce each bus as separate track” and why can’t you bounce each cymbal on a separate track etc?
    At this rate it just seems more trouble than it’s worth, but if everyone had this experience surely nobody would use it lol
    Last edited by Markconnor; 07-17-20, 11:10 AM.

II use Logic x Pro, and the SD3 plugin. Everything just works so easy and smoothly. No help, but It might be better having a DAW that supports plugins for faster workflow.
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

ive recorded a track into sd3 (as my daw is studio 1 artist/no 3rd party plugins), now all I need to do is export the midi files as audio and drag those files into the daw, right?
      why, much too complicated, load Superior inside Daw as a virtual instrument (on a midi track), record the midi output/events of it with your daw....only the last step is to render it/make a wav file, much more advantage to leave it midi as long as possible, way better to mix and alter....perhaps better to watch you tube videos tutorials to show the differences between audio and midi files I think you need to understand it, before you use it....

Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MbXmVVGHoE
        Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

Originally posted by Ribot View Post

why, much too complicated, load Superior inside Daw as a virtual instrument (on a midi track), record the midi output/events of it with your daw....only the last step is to render it/make a wav file, much more advantage to leave it midi as long as possible, way better to mix and alter....perhaps better to watch you tube videos tutorials to show the differences between audio and midi files I think you need to understand it, before you use it....
          Not sure I can do that without upgrading the daw but I’ll try!

Comment

Working...
          X