RAM upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM upgrade

I use a 2012 i5-3360 based Lenovo laptop (with a large SSD) for my drum kit. I decided to buy 16GB (2x8GB) RAM for it as I noticed sometimes with the existing 8GB Superior Drummer, Cantabile and the OS were using all of it. When I removed the old RAM I was surprised to see it wasn't a matching pair (two manufacturers).

With the 16GB in place some "minor" sound glitching I had attributed to setting the buffers to 64 disappeared completely
    Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Good result then
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Yes, haven't heard a bit of glitching since
      Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Comment

Great! I did an upgrade sometime ago... from 16 to 32GB to a reasonably "older" machine. Working great :-) glad it worked for you 2!!

Have fun.

Pim
        Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Working...
        X