NI Abbey Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NI Abbey Road

Hi there, i'm playing the Abbey Road drums collection since a few days and I find them really good!
    I have all SDX expansions and SSD5 and I really prefer the Native instruments drums.
    it plays really great and the room sound is amazing !
    it will replace my SD3 for sure.
    There are less settings than Toontrack but it responds very well with my TD30 and snares are impressive.
    FX are great too (much better than SD3)

Of course SD3 is great but I still have the sample feeling.
    with NI drums I feel like playing a real drums.

really good price at this time too for the collection
    Last edited by Tonicstudio; 06-04-20, 04:18 AM.

Hmmm I have all the NI drums too, and I find them lacking a lot compared to SD3, especially SDXs like Decades, Rooms and Death and Darkness. They arnt bad, but no way as good as SDX3 with full mics and bleed etc. I also find their articulations lacking.
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Originally posted by Whagi View Post
      Hmmm I have all the NI drums too, and I find them lacking a lot compared to SD3, especially SDXs like Decades, Rooms and Death and Darkness. They arnt bad, but no way as good as SDX3 with full mics and bleed etc. I also find their articulations lacking.
      Different tastes of course
      Btw, i much prefer drums with Kontakt (Abbey road for classic sound and GGD for modern).
      SD3 is a lot more powerful and has more articulations, ...
      But I really like the sound (and feel) from NI

Comment

Tonic

What equipment are you using? It would be nice sharing also your tips.

I love NI, have all their packs, but playability with my Roland TD50 is really, really iffy. Would love giving them a try again....

Pim
        Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

You'll have to use midi workarounds on NI drum packs.

Just got the GGD P4 kit soooooo nice! (unplayable without)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick74 View Post
            You'll have to use midi workarounds on NI drum packs.

Just got the GGD P4 kit soooooo nice! (unplayable without)
            I just select my kit in the NI kit dropdown and it works.
            Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Their summer of sound 50% off updates/upgrades sale just started too, runs through 6/30.
              Diamond 10pc Kit | UFO Drums Bass Trigger | Trick P1VBF2 Pedals | ATV cymbals | Gibraltar HW | 4x eDRUMin | RME HDSPe RayDAT | SD3
              UNCENSORED Social Media at: https://brighteon.social
              UNCENSORED Video Sharing at: https://brighteon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pimenta View Post
                Tonic

What equipment are you using? It would be nice sharing also your tips.

I love NI, have all their packs, but playability with my Roland TD50 is really, really iffy. Would love giving them a try again....

Pim
                I m using the TD30 and with TD20 preset it works very well.
                in fact better than SD3 with TD30 preset

GGD kits are really great (my prefered for modern drums)
                Last edited by Tonicstudio; 06-09-20, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonicstudio View Post

I m using the TD30 and with TD20 preset it works very well.
                  in fact better than SD3 with TD30 preset

GGD kits are really great (my prefered for modern drums)
                  You an NI employee? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Whagi View Post

You an NI employee? lol
                    Unfortunatly no...
                    but really love their drums plugins
                    i have erased all my toontrack stuff

Comment

It is all taste as I don’t like NI drums or the interface and features. Just how it goes
                      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Yeah it's all taste but I would say that it will be really difficult not to like the sounds from the GGD kits. I've recently even installed them for some older blues drummers. I never expected such a reaction from musicians like them (as the GGD stuff is actually based on Metal) like: "I want these sounds" (after checking the demos) and then after installing "these are by far the best sounding drums I've ever played - I now have completly shifted to playing GGD". So in case of GGD I can understand quite a bit if someone tells he erased all his Toontrack stuff. I defenitly wouldn't because of at least keeping special sounds, hihats and cymbals.

PS: I'm not a GGD employee
                        Last edited by Nick74; 06-21-20, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                          It is all taste as I don’t like NI drums or the interface and features. Just how it goes
                          Sound and feel is subjective of course.
                          I really like them.
                          I really have the feeling playing a Real drum.
                          toontrack sound good but I dont feel its a whole drum.
                          just great samples played together
                          it s mainly a feeling thing.

Interface is really better with Toontrack though...
                          Last edited by Tonicstudio; 06-21-20, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonicstudio View Post

Sound and feel is subjective of course.
                            I really like them.
                            I really have the feeling playing a Real drum.
                            toontrack sound good but I dont feel its a whole drum.
                            just great samples played together
                            it s mainly a feeling thing.

Interface is really better with Toontrack though...
                            That is funny as that is why I like toontrack Sd3 and the new expansions. With PS the snare is incredibly real. I just got rooms of Hansa and I really feel like I am playing a kit but I also do with the stock SD3. All down to taste as ssd5 I find sounds too processed but apparently it isn’t
                            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post

That is funny as that is why I like toontrack Sd3 and the new expansions. With PS the snare is incredibly real.
                              I know what you mean BUT I've recently told one of my students who complained about non-authentical feel when playing his small PDX8 snare pad that he should check the GGD P4 cast bronze snare: no PS but your hands will feel like playing on a great real drum even when hitting such a cheap pad that is far away from feeling great. Check e.g. the last two tracks "Reptile" and imagine you are playing that snare sound. If you consider this Tonicstudio's statement is not implausible: the sound definitely makes playing feel different.

Comment

Working...
                              X