This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET GOOD DRUMS (GGD) - "Variable Hihat" issues --> FIXes

"GGD" libs sound so strong and at least for heavier styles well known drum sampler manufacturers absolutely meet their match!...BUT unfortunately there are severe issues when it comes to e-drum translation regarding the variable hihat engine.

"P IV Matt Halpern Signature Pack":

Issues:

- The two closed articulations "TIGHT" and "CLOSED" are available as BOW (Tip) and EDGE but cannot be mapped consistently for the variable e-drum hihat engine featuring a 2 zones hihat pad ("bow" + "edge"). My workaround fixes this.

- Muting the Open Hihat by a pedal note does not stop the sound immediately: there is an absolutely unwanted fade range of the open sound after the pedal event that should of course not be there! My workaround fixes this. (see Post #5)

"INVASION" Pack:

Issue:

- The two closed articulations "TIGHT" and "CLOSED" are available as BOW (Tip) and EDGE but cannot be mapped consistently for the variable e-drum hihat engine featuring a 2 zones hihat pad ("bow" + "edge"). My workaround fixes this.

"Modern & Massive Pack":

Issues:

- open sound issue when closing quite softly:

if you close the hihat quite softly it won't stop instantaneously by default -> same issue like on "P4" then, getting a kind of fade out range

- Using the CC articulation won't allow altering the level of single members (stages). As some open-closed-stages of the Variable Hihat need adjustments I've just fixed this: the Workaround CC Hihat will now provide the option for setting individual levels of all open-closed-stages/articulations.

"Matt Halpern Signature / P III Pack":

Issues:

- every BOW articulation has its EDGE equivalent on this pack but the edge articulations cannot be mapped for the variable (e-drum) hihat engine featuring a 2 zones hihat pad ("bow" + "edge").

- open sound issue when closing quite softly:

if you close the hihat quite softly it won't stop instantaneously by default -> same issue like on "P4" then, getting a kind of fade out range

- Using the CC articulation won't allow altering the level of single members (stages). As some open-closed-stages of the Variable Hihat need adjustments I've just fixed this: the Workaround CC Hihat will now contain all articulations (all BOWs + all EDGEs) and each of them is adjustable in level.

---

My workarounds are based on realtime editing within a capable DAW.

I'm sharing my workarounds for free and will individually set it up for your hihat pad/controller/curve (you are invited to donate to keep me providing software fixes and personal support). PM when interested.
    Last edited by Nick74; 07-23-20, 06:17 AM.

Variable Hihat FIX for "Matt Halpern Signature Pack"

Issue:

- every BOW articulation has its EDGE equivalent on this pack but the edge articulations cannot be mapped for the variable (e-drum) hihat engine featuring a 2 zones hihat pad ("bow" + "edge").
    My workaround fixes this.

It is based on realtime editing within one of these DAWs: "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Ableton Live (Suite)" , "Bidule".
    Last edited by Nick74; 08-11-20, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this! I purchased GGD's M&M pack and love the sounds. Mapping the HHs were definitely the most painful part in the process. I did find a pretty helpful YT video that also shared a workaround to get the hats working properly with a Roland kit. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQX01JXrze4)

Thanks again Nick!

Comment

M&M pack should be no problem as no EDGE articulations exist and the muting by pedal chick works properly.

Comment

GGD "P4" kit workaround fixes the Variable Hihat

(ANNOYING ISSUE: OPEN SOUND WON'T STOP IMMEDIATELY AFTER A PEDAL NOTE)

Hey e-drummer, wanna play open hihat with GGD "P4" kit without issues? - no problem!

Unfortunately the hihat engine is really buggy when muting the open sound by playing a pedal note:

There is an unwanted fade out time range of the open sound which lasts more than 200 milliseconds! It does not stop immediately --> this is really NOGO!!

I've build a workaround fixing this annoying issue! : muting the open sound with a pedal note will behave as normal and expected again if you use it: it will stop immediately! - no fade range!

This workaround is available for the DAWs "Cubase Pro/Artist", "Logic Pro X", "Reaper" and "Bidule".
          Last edited by Nick74; 08-11-20, 03:12 AM.

Comment

GGD - Variable Hihat - high detail custom hihat CC remapping --> Using this fix you decide what pedal position will trigger a certain GGD hihat open-closed stage. And skip stages of your choice if you don't want them.

Comment

updated: hihat fixes are available for all GGD packs

Comment

Hello sir
                I found your posts about ggd and workarounds with the Roland td 17kvx to enable choke on cymbals et make the hihat work perfectly.
                Any chance you would be able to help me?

Pm doesn't work..

Thanks in advance
                ​​​​​​​Vianney

Comment

Originally posted by Maney View Post
                  Hello sir
                  I found your posts about ggd and workarounds with the Roland td 17kvx to enable choke on cymbals et make the hihat work perfectly.
                  Any chance you would be able to help me?

Pm doesn't work..

Thanks in advance
                  ​​​​​​​Vianney
                  PM sent

Comment

If you refuse to help people publicly, then we’re going to close these threads.
                    Alan
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
                    X