MacBoon Pro setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBoon Pro setup question

Hello all, looking to get going on a VST setup but not going as smooth as I'd like so far. My question - How many of you run your software off of a MacBook Pro without an audio interface? I'd like to run straight USB from my TD-17 into my 2019 MacBook (16GB ram, i5 with a built in SSD). Anybody use a similar setup? Just curious as to the results, haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    Drum-Tec 5-piece Jam Series, TD-17 (drum-tec LSE), VH-11, CY-12, CY-13R

I was running SD2 nicely on my 2008 MBP before it died, so I'm pretty sure your 2019 will be pretty good.
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
      I was running SD2 nicely on my 2008 MBP before it died, so I'm pretty sure your 2019 will be pretty good.
      Nice to hear. The reason for the post was I had tried a few demos from various VST's on my windows computer that is very similar spec wise to the Macbook and did not get good results. The latency was okay but the response and sound was just lacking. It just didn't respond very well at all and I had to basically turn the sound all the way up and still wasn't happy. It seems like most people use Mac setups though so as soon as I have time I'll try it out.

Did you use an audio interface or just direct into the Macbook with USB?
      Drum-Tec 5-piece Jam Series, TD-17 (drum-tec LSE), VH-11, CY-12, CY-13R

Comment

Macs have had a long relationship with sound so, their Core Audio drivers are quite good.

I used both, either just the headphones output and a USB card.
        Had more problems with drivers of the audio USB card than the Mac's own audio.

DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
        X