Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KICKS & SNARES EZX

Toontrack releases KICKS & SNARES EZX

Seems like a highly various mixed bag this one!

74 multi-sampled and never-before-released instruments recorded in eight different top studios in Australia and the UK. Factoring in the wide range of alternative tunings and recorded configurations, you’ll have around 130 unique kick and snare voices at your disposal. What differentiates this EZX even more from earlier ones is that each kick and snare position has four extra channels featuring individually processed versions: ‘Sub,’ ‘Skin Lo,’ ‘Skin Hi’ and ‘Club/Stick.’ This will enable you to infinitely tweak and find your personal blends for each instrument.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Above anything else, one has to appreciate that Toontrack is providing a lot of variety in their continued library expansions. I can't see an e-drummer needing anything other than Toontrack from a library and play-ability standpoint.
    Last edited by csnow; 01-28-20, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see them do this with cymbals.
      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
        I'd love to see them do this with cymbals.
        Yes please... Expanded Meinl offerings anyone?
        Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Wow. Just yesterday I was looking at a new EZX to get, this wasn't up yet.
          But I was browsing through the EZXs specifically looking at the snares in each. Glad I didn't pull the trigger yesterday.
          A2E 5-piece | Maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post

I am more of a Paiste harlot There are Paiste in some of the packs but Toontrack is very Zildjian heavy on the cymbals.
              Last edited by csnow; 01-28-20, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post

I am more of a Paiste harlot Their are some Paiste in some of the packs but Toontrack is very Zildjian heavy on the cymbals.
                Yeah they backed up the truck with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. Paiste is certainly lacking across the libraries and would be a welcomed addition as well.
                Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Will be having a deeper look on this.
                  I wonder how the samples and mics translate to SDX libraries, though. I sometimes can't find an intuitive mapping when using some EZX instrument on whatever SDX library I'm using.

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post
                    Will be having a deeper look on this.
                    I wonder how the samples and mics translate to SDX libraries, though. I sometimes can't find an intuitive mapping when using some EZX instrument on whatever SDX library I'm using.
                    yeah - i wonder if there is a related sdx to be released. it would have to be something very special to tempt me to buy an ezx for sd3. i have the latin percussion one but bought that out of desperation when i had sd2
                    Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Review by Mike Luke:

Comment

$55 on Thomann for 43 snare and 31 kick multi-layered samples.... Even just porting them into SD3 for layering I think it’s a solid deal. Maybe it’s just me, but I find the EZX libraries to be very affordable given what they bring to the table and if used to layer that “perfect” sound on a given instrument. The heavy lift is with SD3 itself and most of the SDX libraries in my opinion.

Either way, I need to find some time to review the audio samples and see if I think it’ll add any dynamics that I don’t currently have on my kit. I feel like my snares and kick are so dialed in already that this would just be an experiment for the hell of it. And in that instance, I’m a little less inclined.

Comment

I have always been a fan of the EZX kits. Most of them are just simple, fun and quick to spin up and jam with on the e-kit.

Comment

rdubu and csnow ...

i should clarify. i don’t mean to imply that EZXs are over priced or poor quality. my point is that SD3 is so good, and the SDXs i have are so good (not flawless by any means but still), and the new SDXs that i am yet to purchase (orchestral percussion, decades, and death and darkness - almost in line to buy decades now) are so good, that i can’t see how an EZX would provide me with what i want or need.

i have found the latin percussion EZX to be good, though if the orchestral percussion SDX had been around back then there is no way i’d’ve bought the EZX.

but each to their own (and to their budget) of course
                            Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                              I have always been a fan of the EZX kits. Most of them are just simple, fun and quick to spin up and jam with on the e-kit.
                              i find the same thing with sd3, unlike sd2

Comment

Working...
                              X