CY-5 and EZDrummer 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-5 and EZDrummer 2

I recently bought EZDrummer 2 during their black friday deal. As much as I have enjoyed the sounds as compared to my 11KV, the hihat control has been frustrating.
    I have a CY-5 (I would love to upgrade it when I have more $$) and I can barely hear it in EZ. I can crank up the hihat in the software but that only boost all hihat triggers.

I realize that Superior Drummer gives more control but Im curious if anyone else uses a CY-5 with EZ and their experience. I have to hit the cymbal near the stem just to get a decent trigger response.

EZD2 hihats play just as well as their SD3 counter parts in my experience but all of them are typically mixed quieter than you would normally have on a module, as they are mastering levels for music not live.

VST hats also have a much larger dynamic volume between soft and loud notes which the Roland modules don't do. So I would first apply a LOG2 or LOUD2 trigger curve to the bow and edge of your CY-5. See if that improves things.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Working...
    X