Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree 100%, Excessium.

Comment

Are all the bass drums "clicky". No offense, I abhor modern metal but I am a huge fan of the 80's hair bands - dont judge me How does the SDX fit within the 80's early 90's rock sound? I am just coming back to VSTs after a lengthy break. It looks like this and Decades have come along way since Superior 2.0 and those early expansions. I still really like the Evil Drums and Nashville SDX from the 2.0 days.

Comment

I don’t feel like they’re clicky at all... But if you like a warmer / more muted kick, check out decades. Or just layer the two libraries. In any case, the definition and overall tone is light years past SD2 for sure.
        Roland TD-50 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

In death part you have three individual direct kick mics + sub mic to mix the sound you want. You can get it more or less clicky depending what you like. By default I don't think they are clicky at all.

By the way did you know that you need SD3 to use these newer SDXs?

Comment

I also didn't find them clicky at all out of the box, for what it's worth. I dislike overly clicky kicks too, but actually found myself wanting more of it for some songs. Ended up layering one of the Rock Foundry kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Espen View Post
              By the way did you know that you need SD3 to use these newer SDXs?
              Yes, I am aware. I am planning to upgrade.

Comment

I think this was mostly stated? Having many SDX packs- I've noticed that Decades has the most dynamics from very soft to loud of all of the packs. Can anyone say that D&D has similar attention to detail? Rock foundry was lacking this in comparison in my opinion- the minimum level on most 1-127 samples was just too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by mani View Post
                  I think this was mostly stated? Having many SDX packs- I've noticed that Decades has the most dynamics from very soft to loud of all of the packs. Can anyone say that D&D has similar attention to detail? Rock foundry was lacking this in comparison in my opinion- the minimum level on most 1-127 samples was just too loud.
                  great question. the D&D kits sound great on demos / reviews. if you can get subtle soft sounds out of them it would be extremely tempting to get this sdx
                  E-kits: Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Interfaces: Scarlett 6i6, 2i4 || Computers: imac, macbook || Software: Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Monitors: Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian || Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As, Sabians ...

Comment

I can`t compare it with Decades, but I doubt Subtle&Soft was the Goal for Death&Darkness.

I now nearly exlusively play the Kits from the "Death" Part, for Rock, Pop and Metal. The "Darkness" Part to me is only applicable for Metal (and great for that).

I still find it funny everytime I change to the "Death" SDX when SD3 writes "Preparing Death". *g*
                    A2E: PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland /ddt Triggersamaha Cymbals:PCY135, PCY155 Roland FD-9. TD17 and Audiofron eDrumIn Module. Triggering AD2, SD3 and SSD5.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post

I can`t compare it with Decades, but I doubt Subtle&Soft was the Goal for Death&Darkness.
                      yeah thanks - i think we got that

I now nearly exlusively play the Kits from the "Death" Part, for Rock, Pop and Metal.
                      so when you’re playing rock or pop, you never take the dynamics down nice and quiet?
                      Last edited by jackodrum; 02-10-20, 04:53 AM.
                      E-kits: Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Interfaces: Scarlett 6i6, 2i4 || Computers: imac, macbook || Software: Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Monitors: Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian || Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As, Sabians ...

Comment

Did not say I never play quiet (well, I rarely do), but I am not playing songs where it makes a difference how many different samples are available for the quiet hits.
                        Honestly, not because I am not willing to, but because I am not that good of a drummer anyway.

yeah thanks - i think we got that
                        You`re welcome.
                        A2E: PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland /ddt Triggersamaha Cymbals:PCY135, PCY155 Roland FD-9. TD17 and Audiofron eDrumIn Module. Triggering AD2, SD3 and SSD5.

Comment

Did not say I never play quiet (well, I rarely do), but I am not playing songs where it makes a difference how many different samples are available for the quiet hits.
                          Honestly, not because I am not willing to, but because I am not that good of a drummer anyway.

You`re welcome.
                          ok - so no information that answers the question. just to repeat then for anyone who can shed some light, as mani asked above:

”I've noticed that Decades has the most dynamics from very soft to loud of all of the packs. Can anyone say that D&D has similar attention to detail? Rock foundry was lacking this in comparison in my opinion- the minimum level on most 1-127 samples was just too loud.”

thanks in advance

Comment

I play a lot of ghost notes and incorporate subtle cymbal and tom work into my more ambient tracks. And I use D&D samples for my side snare, toms, HiHat, and ride. All respond very well to nuanced playing and aren’t over-pronounced at all. If anything, I find that I have to pull the levels up 2-4db on some of them because they play a little softer than I’d like in the mix.
                            Roland TD-50 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
                              I play a lot of ghost notes and incorporate subtle cymbal and tom work into my more ambient tracks. And I use D&D samples for my side snare, toms, HiHat, and ride. All respond very well to nuanced playing and aren’t over-pronounced at all. If anything, I find that I have to pull the levels up 2-4db on some of them because they play a little softer than I’d like in the mix.
                              thanks rdubu - very helpful. looks like i'll have to put it on the list to buy. i only recently got decades so have to wait for the bank balance to replenish, but i've got plenty to play with in the meantime. i was surprised how much i like the d&d kits on the demos/reviews, so with the positive comments on here and this info from you it seems like i'm sold

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Comment

Working...
                                X