Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recorded midi not showing in SD3 grid editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded midi not showing in SD3 grid editor.

I have recorded something from my TD12 into Reaper with SD3 as the VSTi. The recorded notes show in the track and in Reaper’s on-board midi editor, but not in the SD3 grid editor (which is set to follow host). Obviously I need to be able to ‘see’ my midi in the SD3 editor in order to edit articulations and stuff.

How can I get this to happen?

Cheers Smacker.

To do this you have to hit record in SD3 when you record midi. Follow just means it will scroll along with it. What you have done is record the midi into reaper. I don’t record any midi into SD3. I always record into my DAW Cubase and edit in there. You can still edit articulations but maybe the reaper midi editor is not as good as the Cubase drum editor.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Cheers mkok yes I've seen that now. You would have to expect the S3 editor to be better for drums edits though surely?

In Reaper you get the default grid, though I could download a TD12 map for it. On the other hand, I have extra cyms and drums on the loaded kit, so not sure if Reaper grid would allow me to access them. Early days though, I've only been set up for three days!

Comment

I like all my midi within the DAW and not in the plugin. That’s how I’ve always done it and Cubase has a great drum editor which I am used to. If I put the midi in SD3 I wouldn’t be able to see it in the arranger page and line notes up with other tracks in the arranger window which would have audio and other midi. I also use the feature Cubase drum map has of changing the drum out note. Great when you have an older drum track that doesn’t comply to any mappings in SD3 (or sd2 which I had before) so for me there is no advantage and even some disadvantages of using the editor within SD3
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
        X