SD3 choosing between kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD3 choosing between kits

Hi, i need some advice on which kit i should use for SD3. The choice is between td-17 kvx and td-25kv. I plan to use the kit for recording in pro tools. I am a vocalist and a guitarist mainly and i am building a home studio. Any advice would be appreciated regarding those 2 kits

(accidentally wrote td-50 instead of td-25,fixed)
    Last edited by Agust; 07-18-19, 03:57 PM.

Big difference in price so it really comes down to budget. The TD17 should work very well, it just won't have positional sensing like the TD50.
    ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Hey thx for answering, i bought the td 17kvx but read somewhere that the td 25 kv would be better for SD3. I know that thereís updated hi hat and cymbals on the td-17 kvx module but does that matter when using SD3? I can get the td-25kv for extra 1000$ just thinking if the upgdrade is worth it for recording drums for mixing

Comment

What you donít get with the td17 is positional sensing which the td25 has. I would have gone 2nd hand if the aim was to just trigger SD3. I got a full td30 kit in the uk for £1700 a couple of years ago. My td20 before that cost £1500. Heíll of a lot more kit for your money 2nd hand.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Yeah i hear you, but coming from Iceland 2nd hand kits just arenít available really,unfortunately. Trying to make up my mind and getting an advice from more experienced users if the upgrade is worth it for 1000$. But am i right that the new hi-hat and cymbals with the td17kvx module will not matter if itís used through SD3? And if the sounds through it are good enough for pro recordings? One of the big reasons why i am thinking about the upgrade if itís worth it to have the sensor on the snare.

Comment

I see your problem. 2nd hand probably out then. I love PS but to be honest you may not use it so back to square one. I donít think there would be a difference between a vh10 and vh11 in SD3
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Thx for your replies, i will pick up the td-25 kv today. It sounds awesome

Comment

Working...
              X