Copying FX in SD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying FX in SD3

I have an ADK kit with 5 toms total, so there are a select few presets that I can use. However, there are plenty of presets that I like the FX on, that I would like to apply to one of my 5-tom kits. Anyone know of a way to do this? I've asked over at the Toontrack Forum, but so far no replies. Thanks.
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Not sure I understand what youíre trying to do? Are you trying to copy a preset kitís drum to another layout while retaining the layers / effects applied to the donor preset?

If yes - itís just a matter of creating a user instrument from the preset and assigning that to your target kitís appropriate instrument... make sense???
    Roland TD-30 Module | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums RTS II & RTB Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama HW & Pedals

Comment

Not exactly, but thanks for the reply. I'm trying to move the FX from a preset (any given) to one of the clean or default kits with 5 toms. Say, I like the way a preset uses FX and processing. But the kit only has 3 toms. I can add toms and uptune or detune them, but those don't sound very realistic. I suppose I could just write down the way the FX are configured in a preset, and copy them to a new kit. I just thought there might be an easier way. Thanks again for trying to help.

Comment

Ahhh okay. Hmmm. Thatís an interesting question... Iím not sure thereís an easy way to do what youíre trying to do. The main reason is that the custom mixer settings, effects, and layering are all very dialed in for each of the various libraries and instruments. I would probably just do what I suggested originally - which would pull all of the effects, stacks, etc - then change the primary instrument to whatever youíre looking to use....

i did something exactly like this for my snare - where I pulled the LA Ď91 Tama bell brass from Rock Foundry which is layered and mixed, and swapped out the main snare for the 14x5.5 Mapex Panther from the Progressive Foundry collection. End result was a little less ear bleeding crack, but still a really nice pop thatís also very friendly with more subtle ghost note articulations. Mixer and effects stack is still sourced and retained by the Rock Foundry donor instrument so while a little more work to set up, may be exactly what youíre trying to achieve with your setup...
        Roland TD-30 Module | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums RTS II & RTB Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama HW & Pedals

Comment

Thanks for the further assistance. Yeah, I ended up just doing what you suggested, along with a bit on my method, and it works OK. Time-consuming, but OK. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X