Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanoHost minimalist VST Host

anybody already tried this: https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html

I experimented with SSD5 and AD2 and nanoHost yesterday. It`s really light weight, I now can use SSD5 as a "Standalone" App and Performance seems to be good, but half an hour is not the biggest sample size.
    A really cool Option if you do not Need professional recording, but just use your PC as a better drum module.

I will continue to Experiment with it.
    Roland TD11 Module, Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh, 2Box and Roland Triggers, Roland Cym., GoEDrum HiHat Ctl with Yamaha PCY135. Triggering AD2 and SSD5.

Looks cool,

It also loads on Mac via Wine, but it's looking for .dll files only, and will not accept .vst files. So, no go from a Mac's perspective.

A modern alternative to VSTLord, I guess.

Thanks for the share.
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Good one for Mac and AU's:
      http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html

Comment

Iíll have a look at this for my son as he uses ssd5 free kit. I use SD3 so not required.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
          Good one for Mac and AU's:
          http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html
          GREAT find!

Thanks Howsta.
          I love that it also works in a way that AULab used to work, although AULab has loads of glitches.

Hoping this one is more reliable and it will be my default audio processing for the whole system.

Comment

NanoHost looks good. I've been using SAVIHost with SSD5, but I'm always open to alternatives.
            ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
            Community Drum Module Document
            PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post

GREAT find!

Thanks Howsta.
              I love that it also works in a way that AULab used to work, although AULab has loads of glitches.

Hoping this one is more reliable and it will be my default audio processing for the whole system.
              It worked great for me. Extremely low latency. Reliable and Au's. Hope it works as your default

Comment

this is great!
                Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. using free trial versions of GGD, BFD3, SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post

It worked great for me. Extremely low latency. Reliable and Au's. Hope it works as your default
                  So far so good.

no latency, glitch free. I was also able to load a AU synth and have fun.

The only thing is that it will look for AU on the local drive only. You can't add plugins that are located on another drive (or I haven't found a way yet).
                  I have a smaller SSD drive for system, and keep most of my VST/AU libraries on a separate external drive.

But, as a systemwide audio solution, or local plugins, it works quite well.

Thanks for the share!

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post

So far so good.

no latency, glitch free. I was also able to load a AU synth and have fun.

The only thing is that it will look for AU on the local drive only. You can't add plugins that are located on another drive (or I haven't found a way yet).
                    I have a smaller SSD drive for system, and keep most of my VST/AU libraries on a separate external drive.

But, as a systemwide audio solution, or local plugins, it works quite well.

Thanks for the share!
                    Absolutely glad I could help. No latency or glitches A+. You might try writing the guy directly, he seems accessible and cool.
                    Last edited by Howstamychi; 05-17-19, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X