No announcement yet.

SD3 Presets for TD-50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post. I think Iíll take a look at some of the hi hat settings you mention as Iím not totally satisfied. Especially with the 2002 hats which are my favourite.

I was was surprised when I looked at my offset but realised this is when I looked at it with the hats open. I would need to drop them to get the true value. From memory I think it is -12 but when I get a chance Iíll look later while messing with those settings.

The snares are great and I use a few different ones. The one with bell in its name is the one I use most. Will look at that when I get to it today.

A couple if ways to to get only the cymbal sounds from the td50 if you still need it are. Assign them to one of the direct outs or set up a patch with the volume down on all the other sounds and use left and right out and mix with the SD3 output. For me not an option as all the sounds on SD3 are better than the td30.

you really sound like you have a good handle on the software now
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

See how I forget. I had already done all those settings for myself. I didn't realise you hadn't used the TD50 preset for the hi hat and done the calibrations.

The snare I use most is Tama Bell Brass

My offset is -56. For the life of me I can't remember how I got to that setting but I know it worked better for me using SD3 and I don't play the TD30 without using SD3 these days as I prefer it so much more
      Last edited by mkok; 04-21-19, 08:25 AM.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

The Hi hat offset intrigued me. I recalibrated on my TD30 and I end up with -49 (I obviously don't remember -12 from anywhere) so -56 is not that far away. I switched to the VH13 setting to see if it was similar and it isn't so I'm guessing that is the difference if you have a VH13 and I have a VH12. Also you have a TD50
        Last edited by mkok; 04-21-19, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there could be differences in the modules and hats. I'm glad I wrote all that down because I did a Save As after my Save failed but when I shut down and restarted to make sure all was ok, the Save As did not save either! I would have been devastated! I started with the Roland preset but I changed the default samples when trying to get the hats to sound right. I think that was the main issue.
          TD-50, KD-140, CY-18DR, CY-12R/C, CY-14C (2), CY-14C, PD-140DS, PDX-100 (2), PD-128 (2), DW5000 Accel Dble Kick, Gibralter Oversized Motorcycle Seat w/Backrest, DW PDP PGHH882, Tama Roadpro Snare Stand, Cubase 10 Pro, Steinberg UR44, Groove Agent 4, EZDrummer 2, Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Iíve never had a save fail. That sounds a bit odd

Comment

I think it was from a Windows security feature to protect against ransomware. But it blocks every little change programs try to make until you approve each one. But, I very frequently have strange issues other people do not have. In the end, it's usually not anything I've done. My friends and family make fun of me for my abnormally high bad luck, especially with electronics. I should have worked in quality control somewhere.
              TD-50, KD-140, CY-18DR, CY-12R/C, CY-14C (2), CY-14C, PD-140DS, PDX-100 (2), PD-128 (2), DW5000 Accel Dble Kick, Gibralter Oversized Motorcycle Seat w/Backrest, DW PDP PGHH882, Tama Roadpro Snare Stand, Cubase 10 Pro, Steinberg UR44, Groove Agent 4, EZDrummer 2, Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Working...
              X