Addictive Drums 2 Problem: Hi Hat keeps closed after release pedal [TD-11K]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addictive Drums 2 Problem: Hi Hat keeps closed after release pedal [TD-11K]

I'm using Addictive Drums 2 with a Roland TD-11K. Basically my problem is: While I'm playing with the Hi Hat closed, sometimes when I release the pedal, it keeps sounding with the "closed" sound. I have to press de pedal again to get the "opened" sound. This does not happen when I'm playing in my TD-11K with the built-in module sounds, so is not a hardware problem.

¿Has anyone had the same problem? ¿What can I do to solve it?

What you are describing is commonly referred to as hi-hat transmuting. In a real hi-hat, basically when you hit the hi-hat closed and then lift your foot the sound should transition from a closed to an open sound. In addictive drums 2 there is no software algorithm to transmute that sound from closed to open. It is built in to the TD-11K (from your description) it is also built into Superior Drummer 3 and EZ-drummer 2. If have gone so far as to ask XLN audio if they plan to add this feature to AD2. That was over two years ago and I don't believe it's been addressed. It is the one thing I don't like about addictive drums 2. I tend to use this feature quite a bit in Superior Drummer 3, but I would love to have in in AD2 as I prefer the interface of AD2.

Comment

This is a serious bummer. I LOVE the Meinl extra dry cymbals in the Modern Soul pack but the Hi hat response is far from ideal.
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

You`re right. Being at the beginner level and only E-Drummer I did realize that something was not right with the Hi Hat, but did not realize what it was. I am afraid that we will have to wait for AD3 to get that.

SSD5 also does Hi Hat transmuting. When I hit the Hi Hat when slightly open and then release the pedal it gets more open sounding.
        Roland TD11 Module, Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh, 2Box Triggers, Roland Cym., GoEDrum HiHat Ctl with Yamaha PCY135. Trigger ing AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

I can only hope it will be in AD3. I've written XLN audio requesting this feature but they were non committal

Comment

Also asked About it now. Everyone who wants it should, so they know it`s not only 2 or 3 guys.
            Roland TD11 Module, Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh, 2Box Triggers, Roland Cym., GoEDrum HiHat Ctl with Yamaha PCY135. Trigger ing AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Originally posted by dankodigo View Post
              I'm using Addictive Drums 2 with a Roland TD-11K. Basically my problem is: While I'm playing with the Hi Hat closed, sometimes when I release the pedal, it keeps sounding with the "closed" sound. I have to press de pedal again to get the "opened" sound. This does not happen when I'm playing in my TD-11K with the built-in module sounds, so is not a hardware problem.
              hi!

Just a question here...are you continuing to hit the hihat when this happens? E.g when opening the pedal and still hitting you get a closed sound...

If so - I won’t call this a transmuting problem...this is something else.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
              X