No announcement yet.

Roland TD-50 and SSD5 (VST Discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must agree with Alan. We are (Myself included) going down the old track of which is best which can never be resolved and just gets us all worked up :-) It really is down to personal taste. I've seen someone post who says they can't imagine anything sounding better than a TD17 so a very wide range of opinions. The Latency diversion should probably have continued on another thread.

Back to the drum-tec video. I just wish they would do a slow playing of each component for each sound set so you get a chance to really listen to the sound. The drumming is very impressive and sounds great but just doesn't help that much. They make some great things though. I have bought a few things of them including a TDW20 a few years ago when they were nowhere to be found.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

After waiting so long for its release, I am disappointed in SSD5. I was really really hoping Slate was going to improve the cymbals and add some rimshot sounds for the toms. For me, the cymbals are SSD5ís and the Mimicís biggest weakness. No stick tip articulations for the crashes and all the rides have the same edge crash sounds. I really donít understand Slates philosophy behind excluding these things from a proline module or VST. These articulations are what add realism to the overall playing experience. For me SD3 is the clear winner.
      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Off topic posts removed for those upset over others not realizing what forum this topic was in, bringing up alternative setups, and the vague OP that caused it all. (topic title updated)
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.37.40 PM.png

Comment

Working...
          X