Mimic Pro/BFD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro/BFD3

Anybody had any luck using the Pearl Mimic Pro with BFD3? I've got an ATV kit, and the hats and ride are giving me fits. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

I posted a similar questions regarding Mimic/ATV Hi Hats and SD3 but didn't receive a response. Still haven't gotten it to work.
    ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

I have Mimic, ATV hats,and SD3. Everything works flawlessly. As a matter of fact, I only use the Mimic as a midi controller. I never use the sounds on the Mimic. Superior 3 just offers too many sonic options, especially when coupled with other Toontrack libraries. If you have any questions on how to get to get things working, fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by wavedrummer View Post
        I have Mimic, ATV hats,and SD3. Everything works flawlessly. As a matter of fact, I only use the Mimic as a midi controller. I never use the sounds on the Mimic. Superior 3 just offers too many sonic options, especially when coupled with other Toontrack libraries. If you have any questions on how to get to get things working, fire away.
        Interesting. Maybe I've just messed up my Mimic MIDI mapping. Did you have to tweak at all or did it work out of the box?

I may just reset my Mimic and try again.

Comment

Yes.....some serious tweaking is needed. Well worth it.

Comment

I used SD2 with a TD-12 years ago. Started with BFD3, because I had more content registered at the FXpansion site. I can upgrade to SD3 if need be, but I'd rather get BFD3 up and running first. If anybody has any Ride or HH presets, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
              I posted a similar questions regarding Mimic/ATV Hi Hats and SD3 but didn't receive a response. Still haven't gotten it to work.
              Must be the mimic, I'm using SD3 with an ATV hi-hat and an aD5 module, hi-hat works fine and was easy to set up.
              Last edited by Animalglx; 02-20-19, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalglx View Post

Must be the mimic, I'm using SD3 with an ATV hi-hat and an aD5 module, hi-hat works fine and easy to set up.
                Right - works fine with my aD5 also.

Comment

Why not just use the sounds that are in the Mimic?
                  Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS, Drum-tec real feel heads. DW 9002 and DW 9500, Vater Sugar Maple Sticks
                  Roland RH-300V headphones..... 20 years of playing.... I still suck........

Comment

Originally posted by wavedrummer View Post
                    I am curious to know If you donít like the Mimics sounds why not just go with a Roland module? You will gain positional sensing plus usb midi. From my experiences I find that usb midi on my MacBook Pro gives a little better performance than regular midi.

I also had difficulties getting the Mimic to work well with SD3, especially the hihat. That is one of the reasons why I switched back to the TD-50.
                    ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by jstevens66 View Post
                      Why not just use the sounds that are in the Mimic?
                      The Mimic internal sounds are good. However, the samples in BFD and SD are far more realistic. In any case, I've gotten the hats and Ride to work with my setup.

Comment

Iíve tried to change playback speed of an audio file from usb stick plugged in to the imimic pro. Was so surprised and frustrated because itís just impossible! Seems like one can do it only with mimicís internal recorder. Manual says audio file must be recorded within mimicís internal recorder through aux in first. With Roland td 30 ití much easier. Just insert usb flash drive, choose an audio file, hit the playback button on internal player and if fileís tempo ( or speed) should be slower or faster no problem itís changeable by tweaking. This feature is very useful when I work with my students learning specific part of audio file.
                        Last edited by petr_drummer; 02-21-19, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post

The Mimic internal sounds are good. However, the samples in BFD and SD are far more realistic. In any case, I've gotten the hats and Ride to work with my setup.
                          I suppose that is very subjective to the listeners ear. I find the internal sounds as real as can be attained.
                          Just another opinion added to the mix.
                          Sure would be nice to have some more options for instruments though! Hint, Hint.
                          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

I suppose that is very subjective to the listeners ear. I find the internal sounds as real as can be attained.
                            Just another opinion added to the mix.
                            Sure would be nice to have some more options for instruments though! Hint, Hint.
                            Of course, I've listened to those BFD and SD samples for years and may not be objective. There is sameness to the Mimic sounds, which may be putting me off. I'm happy enough with the recordings I've made with the Mimic, just wish there was more variety.

Comment

So the easiest thing to do was import the BFD files into the Mimic. They're only one-shots and there are only 4 Xtra slots in the Mimic, but it sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X