Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking advice on td-17 + addictive drums2, do I need usb interface for mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hidehide
    replied
    Originally posted by TheStewards View Post

I had this issue initially, but it's easy to solve. Go into your Setup menu and then into the USB settings, where you'll find USB Input Gain. It's set pretty low by default (-18 db, I believe). Give that sucker a boost, and you'll be all set!
    Thanks man. But now I used GarageBand and connect my headphone directly to my Mac. So there is no such issue.

Leave a comment:

• TheStewards
    replied
    Originally posted by hidehide View Post
    I'm using my TD17kvx on AD2 mac, and have no noise hissing issue.. But my only problem is the volume is so low that I have to turn the volume knob to almost 100%.. while with the module, 50% is sufficient.
    I had this issue initially, but it's easy to solve. Go into your Setup menu and then into the USB settings, where you'll find USB Input Gain. It's set pretty low by default (-18 db, I believe). Give that sucker a boost, and you'll be all set!

Leave a comment:

• hidehide
    replied
    I'm using my TD17kvx on AD2 mac, and have no noise hissing issue.. But my only problem is the volume is so low that I have to turn the volume knob to almost 100%.. while with the module, 50% is sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    At the time, I had AD2 and SD2 playing on a 2008 MacBook Pro... not exactly cutting edge and yet, it was decent enough at 64 samples. No pops, no hiss.

beakernz, do all kits or presets from AD2 exhibit the hiss? Change to another preset, preferably one that is on the Natural side of the spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• mkok
    replied
    The description doesnít sound like noise you would get from a buffering issue. Itís described as a hiss. You usually hear this on poorly edited samples or if there is heavy compression or limiting used. The suggestion of trying one of the free ones was to eliminate it from the equation.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Warren
    replied
    I doubt the samples have noise. It may be noise from a low buffer setting. You probably need an interface. Try increasing the latency to see if the noise goes away.

Leave a comment:

• mkok
    replied
    That sounds like the samples have noise on them if it follows the sample and then cuts out. Grab the demo version of either Toontrack EZdrummer or SSD5 and see if you get the same.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking advice on td-17 + addictive drums2, do I need usb interface for mac?

Hi,

vdrums noobie here with a td-17kvx. I have a macbook pro so plugged it into the td-17 and powered up addictive drums2. I prefer their sounds to the module sounds but want to ensure I get the most out of it. It seems to work ok, but I notice a slight hiss after striking a head (strike head-->sound emanates-->slight hiss follows-->hiss cuts out to silence). It could be some bad settings on my part or maybe the sound going from macbook pro to module is of lesser quality. So, I see people mention a usb audio interface. The scarlett 2i2 seems to be in my budget but I want to make sure I even need it when I have a macbook pro? If the 2i2 goes a long way to clean up the sound I'll go for it but want to be sure.

If, I go for the 2i2 the next question would be what the config setup will look like, I would go misi out from the module, into the 2i2, then 2i2 usb to macbook?

Thanks!
Working...
X