Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise/info - HiHat controller for SD3

I'm a mere guitar player who likes SD3.

Am looking at putting an E-kit together, and my main concern is the HiHat control.

Any Hat controller options out there which do not require the sale of my one remaining kidney?

Cheers,
    Bob Spencer.
    www.bobspencer.com.au
    www.greatergroovemusic.com.au

Depends on the module / trigger to MIDI unit....
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Just the controller? Roland FD-9, Roland FD-8. Use with any cymbal pad. So maybe the most appropriate choice for you would be a CY-5, to create a stationary reliable hi-hat.

The lowest cost moving hihats are the Roland VH-10, or you could get a Goedrum Hi-Hat Controller and a cymbal of your choice. But don't go too cheap on the acoustic hi-hat stand, as performance of moving Hi-Hats is known to be affected by that.
      ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
      Community Drum Module Document
      PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

How's $10?

If you already have access to a pedal with your kit, just get a FSR pressure sensor, and put a couple of foam pads between the FSR and the pedal.

The wiring will depend on your module.

Search the forum for FSR hihat controller.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
        X