Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency TD11 SSD5

Hi,

yesterday I tried to Play my TD11 with Steven Slate Drums 5 free, trying out if a VST is something for me.

Latency is audible and very disturbing can't Play that way.

I use ASIO4ALL, Tracktion, a Windows 10 Laptop (Core i7 with 8GB RAM).

Any Advice where I might find a Solution for that Problem? Most Common Issues and fixed for that?

Also, it is supposed to be Possible to loop the Audio from the Laptop back to the Module via the USB Cable: that does not work either. Any advice on where to search?

Thanks!

Nothing?

Comment

Patience. Itís a weekend and we are all not on the website all the time. A lot of posts come later in the day.

So so there is no guarantee with ASIO4ALL and you may not get the latency down. I would always go for an external audio interface. I donít know if the td11 does audio over usb. Try looking at the manual. If it does than you can do as you mention although latency on the Roland modules using usb is not great. If you get an audio interface you can listen to the output of that for the music you want to play along to and the vst.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

If you have you reached your optimism settings in ASIO4ALL and can't lower your buffer size anymore without artefacts, you should consider buying an audio interface like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.
        ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
        Community Drum Module Document
        PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
          Hi,

yesterday I tried to Play my TD11 with Steven Slate Drums 5 free, trying out if a VST is something for me.

Latency is audible and very disturbing can't Play that way.

I use ASIO4ALL, Tracktion, a Windows 10 Laptop (Core i7 with 8GB RAM).

Any Advice where I might find a Solution for that Problem? Most Common Issues and fixed for that?

Also, it is supposed to be Possible to loop the Audio from the Laptop back to the Module via the USB Cable: that does not work either. Any advice on where to search?

Thanks!
          You have two replies and have not responded back quickly yourself?
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post

You have two replies and have not responded back quickly yourself?
            Thanks for your (first) response, which was helpful. I really appreciate you still answered my question and hope my impatience did not annoy you to much.

Just to clarify, my post was 11 days old and far down the list of this forum when I bumped it up with the hope that some of the pros here can help me with me newb question, because it might have been overlooked. It worked. Must be a long weekend where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post

Thanks for your (first) response, which was helpful. I really appreciate you still answered my question and hope my impatience did not annoy you to much.

Just to clarify, my post was 11 days old and far down the list of this forum when I bumped it up with the hope that some of the pros here can help me with me newb question, because it might have been overlooked. It worked. Must be a long weekend where you live.
              Sorry about that. I just looked at the times not the date so my bad. Quite Unusual to not get a reply. We must have all slipped into a time warp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                If you have you reached your optimism settings in ASIO4ALL and can't lower your buffer size anymore without artefacts, you should consider buying an audio interface like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.
                That means I connect the Audio Interface with a Midi Cable to the TD11, and USB to my Laptop? I am having a hard time understanding why adding something in between brings Latancy down, but if thats the case I am all for it.

Will the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD work as well?

Thanks!

Comment

Ok so Iíve checked and the td11 can run audio as well as midi over the usb. Are you using the PCs internal sound card or the td11 audio interface? The internal one still has to connect through and are usually not built with latency in mind.

first thing I suggest is try the td11 usb interface. Iíf your on windows 10 there should be an icon in control panel for it where you can lower the buffers. Also make sure you select your module in SSD5.

even if you do get an external audio interface you can still run midi over your usb connection. That is what I do. I have no idea what the beringer is like. Try searching for low latency audio interfaces as that is what matters. Others may also be able to help. Iím using a zoom livetrack l20 but this is overkill for you.

Comment

If the Behringer is what your budget allows, that should be better than using your internal sound chip. Reviews for particular Behringer product seems to be okay too.

Yes you can use a MIDI cable to the interface if you prefer, or you can use USB into your PC and USB to the interface too, it makes no difference.

Think of it; not as adding something in between, but routing around your current audio interface - which is a single chip attached to your mainboard. USB is more than adequate to handle this task in real time.
                    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                    Community Drum Module Document
                    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

buy one of the audio interfaces here https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...postcount=2186
                      Roland TD-50, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, VH-11, CY-5, CY-14 (x2), CY-15R, KT-10
                      ATV aD-T10 (x2), aD-T13

Comment

Working...
                      X