Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to separate each trigger output to pa snake???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to separate each trigger output to pa snake???

Iím using a Roland TD6V module with Addictive Drums. Iíd like to send a multiple trigger output to the pa, so soundguy can adjust seperate triggers. If not, I suppose Iíd have to adjust each level myself within AD drum mixer, which isnít horrible, but soundcheck is one thing and the gig with a room full of people is another. What do I need to do this with my module or canít I?

AD output is nothing to do with your module. This is related to your sound card from your pc/Mac. How many outputs does it have? Are you using a separate sound card with multiple outs? If not then you canít do it.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I have been using an external 8 channel soundcard over usb with both my Mac and pc...and been running the standalone player found in AD2 and it works great to send the drums on separate audio channels to the PA mixer.

Anders / www.zourman.com
      Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
        I have been using an external 8 channel soundcard over usb with both my Mac and pc...
        Anders / www.zourman.com
        Which soundcard??

I'm using a Behringer XR18 as my soundcard in combination with AD2. I have 6 separate mono outs (Kick, snare, hi-hat, tom 1, tom 2, tom 3) and 1 stereo (Overheads).
        I can change the sound of each instrument (EQ, Compression, Reverb etc.) to my liking, without changing the sound that's send to the soundguy.
        AND, the behringer asio-drivers are very, very, very good, very low latency and stable.
        If you buy a XR18 too, I can send you a scene-file.

Comment

The Behringer Firepower FCA1616 looks to be in my price range. Would this be a good purchase for my needs?

Comment

Sorry, don't know, I'm not familiar with the Firepower FCA1616. I don't think it's just as flexible in routing as the XR18. Take a look at this

Comment

The FCA1616 seems to be cool. FireWire and usb. 8 channels out. Looks hard to source in Europe for some reason. Eol?

There is a usb only based version UMC1820 available of this card with the same specs. Half the cost compared to the XR18 which is a complete mixer. XR18 is not a bad choice but maybe a bit overkill in this situation. You have a complete mixer built in AD2 and you just want to route it to separate outputs.

(I have myself been using a M-audio Fasttrack Ultra R8 and a Dante implementation...sending 8 digital channels directly from my pc to our Mackie DL-32R...but that is a complete other story)

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
              Last edited by angr77; 10-09-18, 04:46 PM.
              Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.7. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

The FCA1616 seems to be cool. FireWire and usb. 8 channels out. Looks hard to source in Europe for some reason. Eol?

There is usb a only based UMC1880 version available of this card with the same specs. Half the cost compared to the XR18 which is a complete mixer. XR18 is not a bad choice but maybe a bit overkill in this situation. You have a complete mixer built in AD2 and you just want to route it to separate outputs.

Anders / www.zourman.com
                Has the UMC1880 also a very good ASIO driver like the XR18??

Comment

I canít seem to find UMC1880 after a Google search??! Do you mean the 1820?

Comment

Originally posted by swingrays View Post
                    I canít seem to find UMC1880 after a Google search??! Do you mean the 1820?
                    UMC1820 it is...

No idea regarding the ASIO drivers and latency on Behringer. I have only an old UMC404 which is performing ok over ASIO. They are probably using the same type of cpus in all their products and similar ASIO drivers.

Anders. / www.zourman.com

Comment

They are probably using similar ASIO drivers for all their products.

Anders. / www.zourman.com
                      I don't think so, I never had a better asio-driver before, and I haved used equipment from RME, Focusrite, TC-electronic, Yamaha/Steinberg.

Comment

Working...
                      X