New wav Sound Files Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viperwolf View Post

I would like to know this aswell, although Im pretty sure Im going to just order a TD50 module soon and get free of this restriction. TM2 is really good for what it was designed for, I bet the TM6 is even better. The TD25 just lacks way to many standard options IMO. It was my first electric kit though. Im just not sure what to do with the TM2 once I get around to the TD50. Ive wasted so much money trying to make this TD25 into what I want.
    You won't have better result with td50, to avoid machine gun you need multilayered \ round robin imports, td50 and tm6 don't offer that, it's one sample mixed with internal or 2 sample velocity switch\fade in both case it's not good for drums. Tm6 use the sound engine from td50, tm6 imports max around 26min. Td50 is 128mb sd cards.
    Last edited by Chris K; 08-08-18, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
      Chris, what about TM-6 pro ? are they layering and/or velocity switch capability ? thanks.
      You can layer a and b on each zone and select velocity switch option or fading level. But for drums is not that good, drums require many layers and round robin.

You better wait editor for your mimic to get the real things full multilayered and round robin wav imports, and save 1k, we are not talking about years of waiting...
      Last edited by Chris K; 08-09-18, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

You won't have better result with td50, to avoid machine gun you need multilayered \ round robin imports, td50 and tm6 don't offer that, it's one sample mixed with internal or 2 sample velocity switch\fade in both case it's not good for drums. Tm6 use the sound engine from td50, tm6 imports max around 26min. Td50 is 128mb sd cards.
        What I ment was, I would not bother with importing samples( bc it has plenty with the option of editing them) with the TD50. Plus, there is enough trigger slots, so no need for adding tm2s/tm6s. Unless Im wrong about that, and Im speaking from my perspective of what I want from a module. With the in/out/thru midi, its easy to expand that unit anyway. However, I realize some of you guys get really into creating/editing samples.

Comment

With the in/out/thru midi, its easy to expand that unit anyway.
          ok but with td-50 you cannot expand more triggers, not like td-30 and previous flagship, you are limited to their own triggers inputs, editing is better for sure its a module, not addons, but if you want more triggers on midi side, you cannot.

Comment

ok but with td-50 you cannot expand more triggers, not like td-30 and previous flagship, you are limited to their own triggers inputs, editing is better for sure its a module, not addons, but if you want more triggers on midi side, you cannot.
            So the TD50 has less customization then the TD30 as far midi expansion? Why did they do that, they limited their flagship module? I really dont understand this company sometimes.

EDIT: Sorry about bothering with these questions, Im going to watch some Youtube vids and read more into it. In my mind, I thought it was simple, just to upgrade to the latest thing and be finished..
            Last edited by viperwolf; 08-10-18, 12:43 AM.

Comment

So the TD50 has less customization then the TD30 as far midi expansion? Why did they do that, they limited their flagship module? I really dont understand this company sometimes.
              Yes, they removed feature in td-50 like sequencer, no pad pattern, no midi percussion to add more trigger inputs with midi, but added sample imports and layering sound. Instruments sound list are limited compare to TD-30 have 60% wider range.
              Last edited by Chris K; 08-09-18, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Yes, they removed feature in td-50 like sequencer, no pad pattern, no midi percussion to add more trigger inputs with midi, but added sample imports and layering sound. Instruments sound list are limited compare to TD-30 have 60% wider range.
                Roland is one weird company, they always seem to take one step forward and 3 steps back with most new modules. Thank you for explaining that to me. the kiker is, I cannot find a TD30 on Musicians Friend now.

Amazon has(only) one in stock, its the same price as a TD50.
                Last edited by viperwolf; 08-10-18, 12:51 AM.

Comment

same price ? lol .. you should be able to find a good td30 now for 1300,- https://www.ebay.com/bhp/roland-td-30
                  ps. they're running a bit scarce at the moment, but 1400 dollars should work ..
                  Last edited by Ericdrumz; 08-10-18, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
                    same price ? lol .. you should be able to find a good td30 now for 1300,- https://www.ebay.com/bhp/roland-td-30
                    ps. they're running a bit scarce at the moment, but 1400 dollars should work ..
                    Yeah the one on Amazon is listed for $2,199. I can get the TD50 for 2,100 with my discount. I dont order high stuff from ebay anymore.
                    Last edited by viperwolf; 08-10-18, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Td30 is discontinued that why harder to find new.

Comment

Ive wasted so much money trying to make this TD25 into what I want.
                        It's a shame, but the TD25 is/was a very limited kit. The TD50 is a weird one ... expensive but still people aren't always convinced with the sounds so spend $5000 in the kit then use it to drive $250 software ... seems silly to my feeble feeble mind. All the layering and sample import stuff is only what's been a standard Yamaha DTX feature for decades anyway
                        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
                        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

$1249 here, Erik is good service

https://edrumcenter.com/collections/...condition-8953

Comment

like electrodrummer said, Yammy is good and their technologies way before Roland but ... people like Roland because it's more user friendly compare to Yamaha

Comment

I think they like Roland because off the marketing machine of Roland and they look good. They were never the best. Itís the Beats headphone syndrome. Donít get me wrong I think there kit is good but not for realistic drum sounds. I bought a TD30 because I got it for half the price of a new one which in my opinion is about what it is worth. Makes a great kit for practice and a darn fine kit for triggering SD3
                              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

After reading more comments here, I can say my understanding of Roland is way off. I went with them in the first place, bc every one I talked to said they are the best but way to expensive. Im still new to electric drums.

Yesterday
                                I glanced at the Pearl Mimc, but I wanted to stay to one manufacturer. I understand that limits me and options. I like to keep things simple, but have the option to be more in depth if i want.
                                I noticed the mimc has extra trigger input than the TD50. Feels like Im getting back into that confused part of electronic drums again.

When you spend this much money on something, why should we(the buyers) have to worry about getting the sounds we want. They should make the units where you could simply download(full developed multi layer) samples and be done. Then simply edit them to your desire in the module.
                                2,000 for a module and 250 for sounds to use with the module makes no sense. IMO
                                Last edited by viperwolf; 08-10-18, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X