No announcement yet.

SD3 Articulations? (midi nodes in SD2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD3 Articulations? (midi nodes in SD2)

Hello,
    can anyone please explain to me...

in SD3, how do I make the rim on my snare(PD125) play the following sounds at the assigned velocities.

Vel 1-40 play rim click
    Vel 41-126 play x stick
    Vel 127 play rimshot.

I could do this in SD2 using a midi node. Iíve followed the manual and I cannot make this work.

Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Found the answer on the toontrack forum. Stacking was the piece I was missing. I was only using the Velocity Gate parameters on the articulations already assigned to the instrument. I needed to 'Stack' 2 sounds on the same midi note for this to work.

Comment

Could you explain in more detail how you did this? I'm new to all of this. I have a TD-30 and a PD128S snare. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
      Roland TD-30, Superior Drummer 3.0, 4-PDX100, 1-PD128S, Roland VH13, CY15R, 2-Kat 12” 1-Kat 14” Cymbals, DW 5000 (dbl pedal, hh and snare stand), Zildjian, Roc ‘n’ Soc...

Comment

I can't remember exactly since I set it up a while ago and never needed to touch it again. And now I only play on the Mimic.

But I think I can help a little.

select the snare, then where you can choose from the list of snares, there's also an option for 'More'.
        Select Add/ Stack.
        Choose the snare and articulation you want to stack on top of the existing snare. You'll see a snare over on the right side underneath the All Articulations dropdown
        I think you may want to add both the Sidestick and the Rim Only at the same time but you may need to add each one individually.
        Select the picture of the snare that says Rim Only when you hover over it. Go to the Velocity Gate and set it to 1-40(or whatever you want it to be)
        Select the picture of the snare that says Sidestick when you hover over it. Go to the Velocity Gate and set it to 41 - 126.

that was all I did. Rimshot should just work on 127.

Last edited by Roving Drummer; 03-26-18, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X