No announcement yet.

Superior Drummer 3....is it coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uograde order process went smooth and easy on toontrack.com earlier today - allmost done downloading the bleeds package and I am all set
    TD50KV maxed out with an extra tom, cowbell and a lot of cymbals - triggering Superior Drummer 3 - Zoom Tac-2 Ultra low latency Thunderbolt interface.

Comment

Got it from Thomman and got the basic kit downloaded and on with the next package downloading. I'm not going for the surround options as I can't see me using them. A bit of work to convert my brain from SD2 to SD3
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

How long is it taking you guys to download this ?
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
          How long is it taking you guys to download this ?
          For me here in EU it was between 2-4 hours per package.
          Last edited by Cavok; 09-14-17, 12:06 AM.
          TD50KV maxed out with an extra tom, cowbell and a lot of cymbals - triggering Superior Drummer 3 - Zoom Tac-2 Ultra low latency Thunderbolt interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavok View Post

For me here in EU it was between 2-4 hours per package.
            I got the core in around 1.5 hours. That's enough to run SD3. The 2nd package I went out so not sure how long but it was around two hours. The 1st installed quite quickly but I am installing the 2nd and the time keeps going up. It looks like it's going to take hours.nhow long did yours take?
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

If anyone has set it up with their edrums, how does the hi hat action compare to SD2?

Comment

Superior Drummer 3 just came out this week. I've been a SD2 user for a while. So far SD3 seems like a big improvement. For me I especially like the new tools for use with my vdrums. Tuning the hi hat response is very intuitive. They have added midi tools that make it very simple to configure various pads and associate them with the drums in SD3. The graphics are much improved and the sounds are fantastic.

Any other SD3 users out there? I'm curious how others compare it to SD2 or any other drum software.

Cheers!

jasdrumr

Comment

Yes I have it and absolutely love some of the features. Still tuning the hi-hat but getting some great results with it. I can't stop playing the Ludwig concert kit with 28" bass drum. Marvellous

Comment

Oh yes and I started with dfh which was brilliant at the time. I got SD2 and a few packs while I was a beta tester for them. Shame I had to pack that in due to lack of time as I would still be getting freebies

Comment

• I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm coming from EZ Drummer 2, though, so that's probably not a surprise. I was a bit concerned about performance, since I'm running it on my old 2012 Macbook Air (2GHz i5, 4GB RAM), but it's been smooth sailing so far. I don't think I'm interested in the surround packs and probably don't have the RAM for them, but the basic pack and the bleeds is probably workable. Using a Steinberg UR22mkii USB interface for audio and MIDI in, I'm not having any latency issues at 128 samples 24/48 (subjectively, it actually feels a little more responsive than EZD2). I did end up having to go spend $90 on a 250GB external USB SSD because my Mac only has a 128GB drive and even stripping pretty much everything else out of there, that wasn't enough space even for the basic module because of the unfortunate way it does the download-then-install-from-download thing, but meh, having more disk space never hurts.
                      Last edited by Mahont; 09-15-17, 07:47 PM.
                      Alesis Strike, VH11, Steinberg UR22mkii, EZDrummer2

Comment

• Should say what I'm running on. I have an i7 but a very old one (must be one of the first probably knocking on 10 years ago?) it's overclocked to 3.2Ghz with 6Gig memory. SD3 runs great on its own and in Cubase 9 pro. I've managed to play a around and got a consistent side stick which is a 1st for me and really impressed with the hi-hat editing. At the moment I just can't stop playing as I just love the sounds of all the drums but my favourite is still the concert toms. Probably won't fit into much music but plays wonderfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkok View Post
                          Should say what I'm running on. I have an i7 but a very old one (must be one of the first probably knocking on 10 years ago?) it's overclocked to 3.2Ghz with 6Gig memory. SD3 runs great on its own and in Cubase 9 pro. I've managed to play a around and got a consistent side stick which is a 1st for me and really impressed with the hi-hat editing. At the moment I just can't stop playing as I just love the sounds of all the drums but my favourite is still the concert toms. Probably won't fit into much music but plays wonderfully.
                          Thanks for the report. Would you say the hihat is as good as the one built into your TD30?
                          Pearl Mimic Pro. Also, TD-11 triggering Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Thanks for the report. Would you say the hihat is as good as the one built into your TD30?
                            Does it sound better then yes. The intracasies are better and it's more realistic. I'm still getting used to it and setting it up though. The td30 hi hat plays a bit different and is probably still a little easier to control. Very close though and I think I can get the SD3 to be even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasdrumr View Post
                              Superior Drummer 3 just came out this week. I've been a SD2 user for a while. So far SD3 seems like a big improvement. For me I especially like the new tools for use with my vdrums. Tuning the hi hat response is very intuitive. They have added midi tools that make it very simple to configure various pads and associate them with the drums in SD3. The graphics are much improved and the sounds are fantastic.

Any other SD3 users out there? I'm curious how others compare it to SD2 or any other drum software.

Cheers!

jasdrumr
                              You must have missed the last few posts.

I'm downloading it as I write.

How do you like the hi hat response - better with SD3 vs SD2?
                              Last edited by jpsquared482; 09-17-17, 11:38 AM.
                              Pearl Mimic Pro. Also, TD-11 triggering Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Definitely better than SD2. You only need the 1st package to be able to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X