No announcement yet.

Superior Drummer 3....is it coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly are full of ambience aren't they, incredible! Very natural positional sensing as well. I would say Superior 3 overall sounds much more organic than Superior 2, and if it performs just as well I would favour that over the likes of BFD3.

Still need to hear all the toms though. Progressive SDX is still my first choice when I want to have fun.
    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
    Community Drum Module Document
    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
      First Drum-Tec video of Superior 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hKbi8MpbI58

Time to upgrade!
      Pretty impressive!

Comment

Well I don't think I'll be upgrading to SD3 today. As soon as the countdown finished the site crashed. Tried a few times and got in once but suddenly all the prices were in $ and not Euro then I tried again through the day and always server not responding timeouts. I said a few days ago in jest that I bet they need to do something to cope with demand. Seems they didn't think so or it went crazy.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

Those drums sound great !! I think I will be adding this to my library !!!
          Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
          Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
          Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

I'll be adding them as soon as the rush has gone. I bet I don't get them and download it all until the weekend
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

Can you get this in a software disc version or is it just a download ?
              Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
              Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
              Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                Certainly are full of ambience aren't they, incredible! .
                Agree lots of people don't understand the importance of the room\ambiance\mic on kits and recording, it change totally the sound, I never saw any good kits sounding in a small room recording, it just sound too much dead\dull, cartoon snare sounding, same with cymbal, close mic sound amateur on recording\ mix and live playing.
                Last edited by Chris K; 09-12-17, 03:46 PM.
                [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
                  Can you get this in a software disc version or is it just a download ?
                  Take a look on the toontrack site. You can get it on a drive but it cost quite bit

Comment

they redone all previous SDX graphic
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27V...ature=youtu.be

sd3
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5A5VHox0zo
                    [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

Does anybody know how many zones are the crash cymbals in superior drummer 3? 2 or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post
                        Does anybody know how many zones are the crash cymbals in superior drummer 3? 2 or 3?
                        They are 3 zone for crashes..also you can assign 2 zones on ride bow if module supports positional sensing on ride. So 4 different sounds on ride alone. You can assign an edge ride sound, bow tip, bow shank and bell sound (tip or shank). I looked at manual and am pretty impressed
                        Last edited by drumlab84; 09-12-17, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I also read that you can now have rim shots assigned like they should so that they only trigger when hitting rim and head together. Now you can have both rim hit and rim shot along with head sound.

Comment

But I still can't get it. I can put it in my basket but the site is the US one and so won't take UK payment. I think they have messed up quite bad here.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                              But I still can't get it. I can put it in my basket but the site is the US one and so won't take UK payment. I think they have messed up quite bad here.
                              Why don't you order from thomman? I did and got my license almost instantly and it's 10 Bucks cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by walkinded View Post

Why don't you order from thomman? I did and got my license almost instantly and it's 10 Bucks cheaper...
                                Didn't know that. I'll take a look. I'm assuming they do the upgrade from SD2

Comment

Working...
                                X